1,084 results
All reviews holiday inn front desk indoor and outdoor pools cafe california breakfast buffet sequoia national park hotel restaurant business center road trip family reunion great customer service very nice hotel night's sleep nice room beds were comfortable aaron rick
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed here 5 nights while visiting friends in the area. I chose the Hotel due to it's amenities, as well as overall satisfaction with past experience staying with Holiday Inns. This property did not disappoint. The hotel is spacious, upscale, clean with lots of parking, and well appointed room. Service was fantastic. I had some trouble with the electronic lock on my room, not only were the problems addressed immediately, but I was given a small credit on my room charge upon check out. I did not ask for this. The daily breakfast buffet was superior. Both hot and cold choices, plenty of sliced as well as whole fruit, pastries, cereal, eggs, meat, yogurt, cottage cheese, and those famous Holiday Inn roasted potatoes! Servers were efficient, friendly and remembered me each morning. The property is very convenient to local activities, and there is a beautiful public park adjacent to the hotel lot. Although there was some construction on the highway in front, I was not bothered by road noise and my room was in the front of the hotel. If my travels bring me back to the area, I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd and 5th floor of the main bldg have Micro/Fridge. I called the hotel directly to request a room with micro/fridge as this didn't seem to be an option when reserving online. I was given the same online rate.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

The Visalia Holiday Inn Team would like to thank you for choosing to stay us. We are extremely happy to know your overall guest experience was comfortable and enjoyable.

Our team members understand that providing the best product for all our guests is their most important function. It’s great to discover you enjoyed our amenities, breakfast, and that our service during your stay was fantastic.

Thank you for your feedback and if Visalia, CA calls on you again, we would be honored to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've stayed at this hotel in the past, and as a state employee I seem to get shuffled as far from the main hotel as possible. I was in the back annex, top floor at the very end and as far as you could get from the elevator. The room was the smallest Holiday Inn room I have ever had, not even a relaxing chair. Okay having said that the bar and cafe are very nice, and the pool looked great. Staff were great, and there is plenty of parking. I'll stay again, and ask for a room in the main hotel not the north forty.

Room Tip: Ask for the main hotel otherwise it's a long hike to the front desk
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Malcolm F
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

The entire Visalia Holiday Inn team would like to offer an apology for the difficulty this matter caused you. The comfort and overall hospitality experience of all our guests, is an important subject matter to our management team. We definitely encourage you to ask for room location alternatives and we will do our very best to accommodate you respectively.

We are very pleased that you approved of our restaurant, lounge, and pool and that our staff was great during your accommodation. We thank you for your detailed feedback and we look forward to have as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was a quick one day trip to visit with family. We had a spacious room with king bed on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool area. Being Priority Club members, we were greeted with a drink voucher as well as two buffet breakfast vouchers (that was a pleasant surprise). The room was clean, with free wifi. The lobby is a bit dated, but has plenty of seating for visiting with friends and family. Smooth check-in and check-out process.

Room Tip: Lots of freeway construction going on around the hotel exits.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

July 12, 2013

It's always a pleasure to know that a guest enjoyed their stay at the Visalia Holiday Inn. Our staff does their very best to make sure each guest receives the best service possible to ensure guest satisfaction.

We thank you for being a valued Priority Club Member and as a reward for your loyalty; we were delighted to provide you with a welcome gift to enjoy. We anticipate you will choose the Visalia Holiday Inn again for any future accommodations and we truly appreciate your feedback.

The Visalia Holiday Inn

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I am going to recommend this hotel, even though there were some drawbacks. Obviously, the most important deterrent that I will mention were the multiple pillowcases which were dirty. I will elaborate. We stayed in a king suite with a double queen room adjoining it, and when I placed the pillow on the pull-out sofa bed, I noticed that it did not smell fresh. I decided to inspect some of the other pillows. One had two brown hairs. Another smelled of conditioner (it smelled nice, but clearly used). Another smelled really awful, like an unwashed head. I sniffed and examined perhaps five pillows before I decided to assume that none of them were clean, and I went down to the front desk to request new pillowcases. I was given four, one for each member of my family, and they all were obviously freshly laundered. The next morning, I asked the room attendant for additional pillowcases, mainly because I wanted to tidy up the room a bit (I had placed the extra pillows with the dirty cases on the floor, and it had become cluttered).

This hotel does have some redeeming features: two clean swimming pools which are modest in size, but nice, free wifi, and a restaurant on the first floor with a chef who can cook. I was impressed with the restaurant, Cafe California - we ate there four or five times. The hotel is in good condition. I will now address some of the aspects which need to be improved.

The laundry room has a dispenser for laundry soap, which was partially out of order. I informed the front desk of this, and they provided me with detergent. While sitting in the laundry center, reading and waiting for my clothes to finish, a housekeeper popped in and taped an "Out of Order" sign to the coin vending dispenser, but she did not attempt to fix it or even find out what was wrong with it. I took out my pen and added that it did work for the fabric softener, but not for the laundry detergent, and also wrote that the front desk has extra detergent; this was for the benefit of other travelers. Two days later, I needed to wash more laundry, and discovered that the sign was gone. I assumed that this meant that it had been serviced, and put in more quarters, which disappeared without the familiar "clunk" of a diminutive box of soap dropping into the trough. So, it still hadn't been repaired. To the hotel: it would be a good idea to fix this promptly.

You will probably be able to hear every person in your hallway shut their door, because the latch is designed for maximum volume. This is standard stuff for a Holiday Inn and others like it. The designers of low to mid-level hotels haven't yet realized that quiet doorknobs do actually exist.

Regarding noise, the air vent, or perhaps something in the duct, seemed to emit a strange clicking noise sporadically, and it was quite noticeable at night. This was rather annoying, but also to be expected with a Holiday Inn. I just amused myself by imagining an entirely different hotel hallway, Lilliputian in size, inside the air duct, and these clicks were the sound of the very small travelers closing their own doorways to rooms the size of matchboxes.

If you have actually read this far, I am astounded. Cheerio.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

July 12, 2013

The staff of the Visalia Holiday Inn would like to apologize to you and your family for the regrettable circumstances that were encountered during your hotel stay. Our hotel takes a deep concern when uncustomary issues arise that ultimately affect the accommodation experience of its guests. Since your review, management has inquired with the relevant departments to further understand the issues and to develop a better strategy to eradicate the possibility of any reoccurrence. We thank you for your detailed feedback as this will assist in providing a better product for our guests.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your meals at Café California and your final decision to recommend our hotel to others in your review. If your travels bring you back to Visalia, CA; we anticipate you will choose the Visalia Holiday Inn again.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We spent a night here on our tour of California and whilst it was not up to the standard of some of the hotels we could not really complain.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The shower was good and the coffee in the room reasonable.
We had a good nights sleep and the hotel is well situated for the main highways.
Worth a stop.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for staying at the Visalia Holiday Inn during your excursion of our beautiful California state. We are very pleased to know that your room was clean and comfortable and that you concluded that our hotel is “Worth the stop”.

Our Management Team is always interested in discovering new ways to improve our service, amenities, and the overall experience for all of our guests. If you have a moment to email the General Manager directly at info@altamonthotels.com, it would be extremely helpful to know the specifics of the standards that are personally important to you. This knowledge gives our hotel the opportunity to improve customer satisfaction and eliminate any deficiencies.

We invite you to stay at our hotel again and if you still determine there is a need for improvement, we would appreciate your detailed feedback. We look forward in having you as our guest, again.