1,074 results
All reviewsholiday innfront deskindoor and outdoor poolscafe californiabreakfast buffetsequoia national parkhotel restaurantbusiness centerroad tripfamily reuniongreat customer servicevery nice hotelnight's sleepnice roombeds were comfortableaaronrick
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Second visit and not disappointed. Clean, well appointed rooms. Used both the indoor and outdoor pools and both were clean with ample towels [except the hot tub was not generating moving water at the expected velocity for a SPA/Jacuzzi]. Front desk staff friendly, attractive, efficient and pleasant. We've stayed in HI's all over the world and this one rates among the best.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for have chosen to stay with the Visalia Holiday Inn, once again. We are pleased to know you were able to enjoy our two pools and that our front desk staff was courteous and competent throughout your stay.

In regards to the hot tub, we have informed the respective department of this issue and we truly appreciate your effort informing the hotel.

We thank you for your review as it’s an honor that you rated our hotel as one of the best in the world, within our brand. We hope your travels will bring you back to our hotel very soon as we look forward to your next visit.

The Visalia Holiday Inn

Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is one of the best Holiday Inns we have visited, from the check-in, to the room, to the staff, all was as a well-run Inn should be. The room was large and comfortable with easily adjustable A/C controls, and a user-friendly WiFi. We can understand the lack of a refrigerator and microwave oven as there is a bar and restaurant in-house, but it would have been nice to have. Nevertheless, the kitchen staff was able to freeze our leftovers from an outside restaurant so we could enjoy them later at home, and they provided coffee and a sweet pastry in the middle of the day when asked, at no charge!. The housekeeping staff was friendly and accommodating, doing late cleaning and late checkout with no complaints, as was the front desk. They even went through a computer system change while we were there with no problems visible to the guests. For the business seminars one of us attended, the amenities were there also, from morning coffee and sweets, to a great basic lunch designed to not exceed an expense account! We even heard a train singing mournfully in the distance and it reminded us of home...all in all, a great guest experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

The Visalia Holiday Inn Team would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations. We have informed all the departments of your review and our entire team is delighted to learn your stay was comfortable and enjoyable.

Since our guests are the center of our focus, it is customary for our hotel staff to continually create and provide the best product always. Therefore, we are pleased that these efforts reflected in your total guest experience.

If in the future you find yourself in our area or if your business travels bring you back to our hotel we would love to have you as our guest again, as it would be a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed here 5 nights while visiting friends in the area. I chose the Hotel due to it's amenities, as well as overall satisfaction with past experience staying with Holiday Inns. This property did not disappoint. The hotel is spacious, upscale, clean with lots of parking, and well appointed room. Service was fantastic. I had some trouble with the electronic lock on my room, not only were the problems addressed immediately, but I was given a small credit on my room charge upon check out. I did not ask for this. The daily breakfast buffet was superior. Both hot and cold choices, plenty of sliced as well as whole fruit, pastries, cereal, eggs, meat, yogurt, cottage cheese, and those famous Holiday Inn roasted potatoes! Servers were efficient, friendly and remembered me each morning. The property is very convenient to local activities, and there is a beautiful public park adjacent to the hotel lot. Although there was some construction on the highway in front, I was not bothered by road noise and my room was in the front of the hotel. If my travels bring me back to the area, I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd and 5th floor of the main bldg have Micro/Fridge. I called the hotel directly to request a room with micro/fridge as this didn't seem to be an option when reserving online. I was given the same online rate.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

The Visalia Holiday Inn Team would like to thank you for choosing to stay us. We are extremely happy to know your overall guest experience was comfortable and enjoyable.

Our team members understand that providing the best product for all our guests is their most important function. It’s great to discover you enjoyed our amenities, breakfast, and that our service during your stay was fantastic.

Thank you for your feedback and if Visalia, CA calls on you again, we would be honored to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've stayed at this hotel in the past, and as a state employee I seem to get shuffled as far from the main hotel as possible. I was in the back annex, top floor at the very end and as far as you could get from the elevator. The room was the smallest Holiday Inn room I have ever had, not even a relaxing chair. Okay having said that the bar and cafe are very nice, and the pool looked great. Staff were great, and there is plenty of parking. I'll stay again, and ask for a room in the main hotel not the north forty.

Room Tip: Ask for the main hotel otherwise it's a long hike to the front desk
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Malcolm F
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

The entire Visalia Holiday Inn team would like to offer an apology for the difficulty this matter caused you. The comfort and overall hospitality experience of all our guests, is an important subject matter to our management team. We definitely encourage you to ask for room location alternatives and we will do our very best to accommodate you respectively.

We are very pleased that you approved of our restaurant, lounge, and pool and that our staff was great during your accommodation. We thank you for your detailed feedback and we look forward to have as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was a quick one day trip to visit with family. We had a spacious room with king bed on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool area. Being Priority Club members, we were greeted with a drink voucher as well as two buffet breakfast vouchers (that was a pleasant surprise). The room was clean, with free wifi. The lobby is a bit dated, but has plenty of seating for visiting with friends and family. Smooth check-in and check-out process.

Room Tip: Lots of freeway construction going on around the hotel exits.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Samantha R, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

July 12, 2013

It's always a pleasure to know that a guest enjoyed their stay at the Visalia Holiday Inn. Our staff does their very best to make sure each guest receives the best service possible to ensure guest satisfaction.

We thank you for being a valued Priority Club Member and as a reward for your loyalty; we were delighted to provide you with a welcome gift to enjoy. We anticipate you will choose the Visalia Holiday Inn again for any future accommodations and we truly appreciate your feedback.

The Visalia Holiday Inn