“Busy hotel”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Stoke on trent
“Busy hotel”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here for 1 night while on western discovery tour. Room was ok with good quality bedding and towels. Free wifi in room, no fridge but has iron/board.Nice bar area but staff seemed very inexperienced when we ordered drinks in the evening. Breakfast was very nice with a good choice of menu or buffet which was quite reasonable unlike the evening menu which we thought was rather expensive. We had to go outside the hotel and use door key to go through the gated pool area to get to and from our room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear VeronicaStokeontrent,

Thank you for staying and sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms to be of good quality and our breakfast nice.

While I appreciate your kind comments, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the service you received from our hotel bar. I have shared your feedback with our hotel management for review and make appropriate actions towards improving our service.

Once again, thank you for staying and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Very impressed with the entire experience! Check in was fast and friendly, the price was very decent. Included a buffet breakfast in their restaurant. The choices on the buffett were impressive and delicious. The rooms were great, very roomy and comfy. I strongly recommend this property!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I just wanted you to know that I had an excellent visit to your hotel in Visalia. The front desk assistant was especially welcoming and was able to grant my request of staying in the main hotel area and changed my room very graciously. I ate in the bar area and cafe four times. The food and service was excellent and the staff very helpful, friendly and professional. I enjoyed the breakfast both days and again received excellent service. I also appreciated the immediate response to my request for a tooth brush I had forgotten to bring. I truly enjoyed my stay and as my son and his fiance are living in Visalia I will be back. Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kristine S
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Wow! What a great group of people. The staff at the front desk - Terry, Carrie, and Sara are the best. Always ready with a friendly smile or a kind word. They provided great restaurant and scenic drive advice. The only thing better at the hotel was the staff in the restaurant - Raul, Monty, and Jose were fantastic. The service is excellent, the restaurant is very clean, and the breakfast food looks and tastes great.

The location next to the park is ideal for relaxing strolls after work, a quick 9 holes and for quick get-away's to the mountains I stay in hotels over 150 nights per year - and this is one of the best values I have encountered.
Regards,
Kurt

Room Tip: Ask for one of the corner rooms - you'll have your own foyer!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kurt M
Riverside, California
Reviewed 9 May 2014

It is not normal Holiday Inn with all the amenities. This hotel has its staff trained right, especially the dining room service. It was so much more than very good - easily equal to Carlton. First off, if you made a reservation, they asked if there was anything special you wanted or needed then and they arranged everything for you. When you arrived, you were greeted by a nicely dressed staff person who asked if you had any special requirements and arranged for them to be met if not already in place (I had arranged for champagne to be presented at the table for an engagement dinner during the reservation process). They brought it out and presented it within two minutes of all of us being seated. Their special that day was prime rib and despite multiple variations, each person received exactly what they asked for-perfectly done for in a timely manner and everyone got their meal at the same time. The icing on the cake for dinner was an unexpected chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream topping on a platter with the words "She Said Yes" in strawberry icing around the sides. It mad my nephew and his fiancé grin from ear to ear. Rick and his whole staff could not have been more helpful in putting this together for them. The hotel right next to the 99/198 split so close to all routes and yet just minutes away from the congestion of downtown.

Room Tip: Specify type and size of room you want, they book fast. All rooms I have stayed in over 10 years vis...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dberndtd .
Indio, California
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Had to drive up from La Quinta, Ca for a bike event--and Visalia was the best option to stay overnight. And let me say this: I was tired after the 4 hour ride and not in the best mood.

That all changed when I went to check in. Big time.

Greeted with true warmth and hospitality by Aaron at the desk. Asked what brought me here, offered things to do out in Visalia, then made the whole check-in process smooth and seamless. And did all of this with alacrity and bonhomie.

Impressive.

Then I decide not to go out exploring for dinner--and I usually do as I do not like to eat in any hotel. Rather explore the town. But again, was still tired from the drive.

And wow: did this restaurant at the hotel deliver! My waiter was Jose...and I must say he utterly blew me away. I have been to many places on my travels--and many EXPENSIVE places. And Jose surely is one on the best waiters I have ever had. And his recommendation were spot on perfect.

And the food: this good at a Holiday Inn?! Really! Have to say, if I lived here I would be coming here to eat. It was that good.

So to put it all down succinctly: this hotel delivered on all counts. Service, comfort, and relaxation. I know this with axiomatic certainty: I will be staying here again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank woodyaps
Ferndale, Washington
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We just recently were in Visalia for the Gospel Concert from the 1 through the 4th. and stayed at the Holiday Inn. Just wanted to say how pleased we were with our room, the breakfast and the hotel. Everyone was so very polite and kind and helpful. Our stay was quite, relaxing and peaceful. Thank you all for your dedicated service to your quests. We are planning on coming back next year.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fith floor facing the offramp. Very quiet. The elevators were a bit scary at time...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends