“Xlnt Breakfast Comfort Food, Good Service, Nice Neighborhood Place”
Review of Vista Way Cafe

Vista Way Cafe
Ranked #50 of 233 Restaurants in Vista
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Casual and homey. We only can comment on the breakfast, which is always excellent no matter what you order. Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs is some of the best I've had--thick gravy with large chunks of sausage in it. Family owned and operated and friendly staff. Very reasonable prices too!

Reviewed 6 March 2010

my hubby and I live down the street from the vista way cafe many more place i could be dining at but i rather eat here.fantastic food great service love there home made croutons...try there poor boy breakfast just one word for it''' wonderfull'''
MUCH LOVE FROM A HAPPY customer
VERONICA~ vista resident for 35 years

Reviewed 25 June 2009

This is a flashback to old local neighborhood cafes -- real homemade soup, pies and sandwiches. I'm very picky about biscuits-and-gravy (too many places use wallpaper paste or mixes) -- the sausage gravy here is real and yummy. Delicious! Expect slightly slower service compared to fast-food, but it's worth the wait. Enjoy the homey grandma's house decor and let the friendly waitresses refill your coffee while you wait.

1  Thank Kimjoy_Vista
Reviewed 12 November 2008

All of what we had was home made, and great. We have had: chicken pot pie, a wonderful turkey/grilled cheese sandwich, and the the endless fish dinner-- this was better than any we have had in San Diego county, AND it is all you can eat! The batter was light, and not thick and gummy like some places, the fish was good quality white fish, all cooked just right, not too much, and not dried out. And the home made pies are just like your mother's: flaky crust, and the fillings were not watery, just lots of good fruit. Couple that with friendly service with a smile, and how can you go wrong? The price is modest--like $2 pie-- Give it a try, you will not be sorry.

Reviewed 29 February 2008

We had to wait awhile for a waitress, and the restaraunt was not even crowded. Then I stood at the cash register and waited to pay my bill, while 3 waiter/waitress walked right by me and did not even acknowledge that I was there. Food is so, so, for the price, and they don't give you much. I will never go there again. I would rather eat so,so food with good customer service any day, than bad customer service.

3  Thank sumosumo

Been to Vista Way Cafe? Share your experiences!