“Perfect for Younger Kids”
Review of The Wave Waterpark

Ranked #2 of 29 things to do in Vista
San Diego, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Perfect for Younger Kids”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This park is actually owned and operated by the City of Vista. They do a great job keeping it safe and clean for all the patrons. The slides are geared for younger kids but they also have a really nice Lazy River that is relaxing for all. The setting is nice with plenty of Adirondack chairs, mix of sun and shade, decent food that surprisingly is not overpriced. The place is littered with lifeguards which is helpful if you are watching more than one kid at a time. They have a great Groupon deal in the spring for $38 for four passes. The peak summer hours during the week are 10-4 with occasional extended hours on Friday and weekends until 5:30. Great family fun!

Standish, United Kingdom
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 275 helpful votes
“Good Day Out.”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

A good day out for the family.Reasonably priced and very clean.The downside would be nothing for young children as all the pools are 3ft 6ins deep so if you have young children not a very good place to visit.Also when we visited there were a lot of youngsters in the water park moving around I without rubber tyres in the flow pools which seemed very dangerous.I don't understand why the lifeguards didn't stop this.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Steve M
Vista, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good place for out of towners”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I live in Vista and have taken my grandchildren to this great park many times. It is just the right size not too large and overwhelming. Lots of life guards. Pleasant staff. I had family members visiting from Texas. I took my large group (there was 11 of us) to the park they loved it. Something for everyone.

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great Birthday Party!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were looking for a fun day for my family to celebrate my daughter's birthday party. We had heard of this place, but had never really looked into it. After reviewing their website we decided to book the birthday party. It was such a great deal!

The party was yesterday, July 14th. We got there at about 11:50, the park opens at noon. I checked in at the office and they had everything all ready for us. They handed me the tickets and told us what cabana was ours and they told me that a staff member would come by to review our food choices and the timeline of the day. The cabanas are only equipped with one picnic table, you may bring in your own chairs and you are also welcome to pull chairs or loungers over from other areas of the park. Our cabana was #10 and it was right next to a little patch of grass with a few palm trees. If we had a bunch of extra people that would have been great for some extra room.

Soon after we had set our stuff down and arranged our chairs one of the staff members came by, and asked us what type of Pizza, chips and drinks we wanted. She also asked what time we wanted the food brought out. We decided to have our food right away so we wouldn't have to drag the kids out of the water to eat later. This turned out to be the best idea. The food came right on time and the pizza was very good. The staff member taking care of us was Vinneay and she could not have been more friendly and attentive. She was so awesome!

The waterpark itself is pretty small. It has 4 water slides, three of them you use a tube and one is a body slide. They have a lazy river and there are tubes in the river, you may just grab one. I saw plenty of open tubes all day so getting one is not a problem. There is a big open pool area. There is also a wave machine. The line was pretty long for the wave machine, but it looked lie fun. My daughter, her two cousins and her friend are all 7-8 years old and this park was perfect for them. They are all very strong swimmers so we felt comfortable letting them go off on there own. We could see pool at the bottom of slides from where we sat and we could see them float by on the lazy river. It had just enough attractions to keep them happy all day long.

The last thing that I want to metion is the lifegaurds. They were very impressive. I watched them all day long and you could tell that they were very focused and dilligent.

I was very happy with our day at the Wave Waterpark. It was a great way to celebrate a summer birthday.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank kfoley
Vista, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Neighborhood Waterpark”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is a wonderful little waterpark especially for younger kids. My grandkids love The Wave and I have taken them many times. The water slides, lazy river, big pool offer variety and fun without overwhelming the younger kids. Although my granddaughters are now 10 they still love it. I love it too as I can sit somewhere in the middle of the waterpark and still keep a close eye on them. I enjoy the lazy river in an inner tube myself. The Rippley Rainforest play area is great for real young kids.
The snack bar provides a variety of lunch options but you can take your own food in too which is nice.

Visited June 2013

Been to The Wave Waterpark? Share your experiences!