“Overall unpleasant experience”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Vista
orange, California
“Overall unpleasant experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here memorial day weekend for my son's wedding. On the plus side, the hotel was very close to the wedding venue. Our only interaction with the staff was on arrival and at checkout. Friendly and pleasant staff at the desk. First, the elevator had an extremely bad odor which may have been a combination of musty and heavy duty industrial cleaner. The room was adequate, bed comfortable, what I expected. Biggest issue is that the room was never serviced during our stay. We left the room about 1:30 p.m. on Saturday and returned at 11 pm. I called guest services when we left the room and asked that the room be serviced as we were leaving and would be gone all day. Returned at 11 to find the room in the same condition we left it. Not what you want to come back to after a long day. Really put a damper on our stay. The bathroom door made a horrendous squeaking, groaning noise. Any one getting this room ready for guests should have observed this and had it corrected. The hotel provides bar soap in the bathroom, but no soap dish?? When I left, I advised the front desk of our experience, to which their response was "we're very sorry". Nothing about advising management or talking to housekeeping, nothing to offer other than "sorry". Well, I'm sorry, but as a Rewards member, I'm truly disappointed in the experience and can't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank coto2
sanvitps, Manager at TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TownePlace by Marriott San Diego Carlsbad/Vista. First and foremost, congratulations on your son’s marriage. I am glad that you found our location to be convenient to the wedding venue and that our staff was friendly.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced from your room not being refreshed. I have addressed the refresh issue and the elevator odor with our lead room attendant. Our lead engineer has also been notified to repair any doors that make a squeaking noise when used.

All of our rooms do have a flat soap dish on the bathroom vanity with toiletries placed on top. Since it is not the traditional shaped soap dish, I can see how it could have been overlooked. If the flat soap dish was missing entirely, I do apologize.

We appreciate that you are loyal Marriott Rewards member. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have a positive experience on your next visit. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,

2201 South Melrose Dr
Vista, CA 92081
P: 760.216.6010
F: 760.216.6090

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hemet, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I recently stayed this past weekend and I must say I enjoyed my stay. It was close to my family and my sister liked the lay-out. The staff were friendly and I loved that my request the type of room I wanted and location I wanted was accommodated. I came in and out of the side entrance straight to my car which was parked close was convenient. Special thank you to Lucy, Brittany, Tiffany and Patty for great customer service. Although it was only for 3 days I had a great time relaxing and spending time away from home. Thank you guys!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed for two nights wanting to enjoy the carlsbad area. Great location, convenient to shopping and flower fields.

We utilized their laundry services. Breakfast choices were limited (no hot breakfast like others Residence Inn I have stayed at).

Warm whirlpool and pool.

Their kitchenettes had all dishes etc. Clean environment and kitchen

Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GoingtoPlaces123
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Recently had a three day stay @ TownePlace in Vista, CA. for work. By the second day, Staff was calling me by name. Brittany, Tiffany, Lucy and Michelle made me and my co-workers feel like family and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. Even though I did not need to use them, my room had a stovetop, microwave, diswasher and decent size refridgerator that would be nice for extended stays.Work arranged for my accomodations on this trip, however if I am ever in the area again, I will make sure that we stay at this property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Aurora, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times over the last 18 months as I visited the area for work. I love Towne Place Suites, and just wish every city I worked in had them conveniently located. Just what I need for my stay.

Clean rooms, mini kitchen with a full fridge/freezer, dishwasher, dishes, double stovetop, sink, toaster & microwave. This location is managed well, as it's kept up nicely, offers a manager's reception in the evening and has an ample breakfast every morning.

The fitness room is perfect for a traveler's needs and while I didn't partake in the pool, it looks nice enough for families.

Overall this is a great hotel to stay in, and I will be coming back for personal and business reasons for sure. It's located about a 1/2 hour drive from the San Diego airport so not to far away.

You won't regret choosing this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Suisun City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Hello my family is thinking about booking 3 nights here at Marriott in Vista but was wondering if the service was better then Embassy Suites? The Family normally stay at Embassy but recently my husband stayed at Marriott for Business and loved the hotel and staff.(in Utah) also they upgraded him to a better room. So was just wondering if we can look forward to a great hotel,upgrades,friendly staff? Its my son(5) and husband(35) birthday is there anything special at the hotel we can do when we arrive on Friday?

Daphne Powell

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Gresham, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have stayed here for the better part of the last 14 months on business. I found the hotel to be very comfortable and the staff is very friendly, courteous and professional. I think what makes this place so nice is the involvement of the owners Terry and Kathy. The management team Chris and Carly have a knack for hiring the best staff that make you fell like part of the family. I look forward to staying here again.

Steven Stewart

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
sanvitps, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hi Steve!

We are happy you made it back home and I bet your family, including Mr. Tucker, are thrilled to see you.

We were sad to see you go but also happy that you get to spend more time with your family.

We were happy to be your extended family here at the TownePlace Suites during your stint down here and please come back and visit us any time when you feel like coming down for some sun and fishing.

All the best!
-Chris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Staybridge Suites Carlsbad
Staybridge Suites Carlsbad
#26 of 36 in Carlsbad

Been to TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista? Share your experiences!