“A great neighborhood Italian Restaurant”

Uncle Tony's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #26 of 233 Restaurants in Vista
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sicilian family-owned and operated authentic Italian Restaurant. Specialize in pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and more. We will cater for special events. Come enjoy 14 beers on tap and our imported exclusive Italian family wines.
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A great spot to grab lunch or dinner in Vista. The Proprietor, Tony, is from Sicily. For a small place, they have a very extensive Italian wine selection. They also have a large selection of local craft brews on draft. One of the best "works" pizzas, and vegetarian pizzas. A good selection of fresh salads and pastas.

3  Thank Paul S

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We visited on a weeknight while staying in Carlsbad. We had a reservation but didn't need one that night, but I think on weekends it might be a good idea, the dining room is not that big. It's very clearly a neighborhood place, but we were greeted warmly and treated like friends.

The salads and bread were fine but nothing special, but the pasta carbonara that I ordered and the other pasta dishes that I sampled from my tablemates were all very good, I think my pasta carbonara was the best of the four and some of the best I've ever had.

If you're in the area, I would recommend stopping in.

2  Thank BGBeth
Reviewed 23 January 2013

A little 'hole in the wall' that is surprisingly good. The zucchini appetizer was fantastic. I would love to make this at home. Everything else was very good. My husband was not happy about the owner not acknowledging us in any way. When we left he kept talking to the people at the bar even when we said thank you/goodnight. His lovely wife cooking away.

1  Thank lisadlov
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Uncle Tony's is a little Italian hideaway in Vista. The food is fresh, light & delicious! The wines are excellent. I will be in more often.

5  Thank Sherman007
Reviewed 19 July 2012

When the promise is " Everything is made from scratch daily with only the freshest, highest quality ingredients available. ", and it is not at that Cardinal level, I consider it bait and switch. This was not the fine dining experience as implied / stated on this restaurants clever website. Uncle Tony's is overpriced and over-rated for the cut corners and lack of service, follow through quality, and setting. We went on the promise, despite mixed reviews found on other than TripAdvisor, and ordered dinner entree's as it was close by at the time. Our salad was nice, but we were very disappointed with timing, our meals / the overall, and left feeling 'ripped off'. This place is probably ok for local ' lunch specials ', or a few regular things as stated by some reviews, but we have no reason to return for this supposed high end ' authentic italian cuisine '. I suspect, certainly after our visit, that some rave and excellent reviews are being drawn in as padding and urge you to read / heed complaints, we do not recommend it. Bait and switch is minus 2 for me, always, on principle, it's why I am writing this review. Minus one for suspicion of padded reviews, as an off-set, see owner responses / obvious involvement on other review sites. Lack of staff / poor and slow service could have been because it was an off night, but who cared, certainly not the owner, so down one more because there was only a few other patrons there, no excuse. Bad deal, we were had, Restaurant Row would have been a better choice while in the area.

Antonino B, Owner at Uncle Tony's Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

You are using some words that are offensive to me. To say that my ingredients are not fresh is untrue. I use the highest product that is available. As a chef, I have worked at all high-end restaurants before I owned my own restaurant, and many places cut corners to make a profit but I have never done that and I always try to cook to high standards versus taking cheap shots at my customers in this manner.
I do appreciate your point on lack of service and that is true at times in the restaurant. However in the location that I am working it costs more business-wise to pay for more employees when the business fluctuates. You may have come at a time when my full staff was not available due to off times or slow business. I wish that business was constant so I could have full staff all the time.
We hope to see you soon and please do give us another chance.