“A Great Surprise”

Ranked #34 of 217 Restaurants in Vista
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sicilian family-owned and operated authentic Italian Restaurant. Specialize in pizza, pasta, sandwiches, and more. We will cater for special events. Come enjoy 14 beers on tap and our imported exclusive Italian family wines.
Lexington, South Carolina
“A Great Surprise”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were just trying to find a place to eat as we visited our son and his family. We went to Uncle Tony's because it was close. Surprise! This little neighborhood place had some of the best Italian food in our experience. My wife's a gourmet cook, and her clam linguine was "perfect" she thought. I had the veal parmigiana, and it was really delicious. I've had it in several better-known restaurants in the area, and they didn't come close to Tony's. The wine was, frankly, one of the best red wines we've ever had, a Classico Chianti (2nd on the list, get it) from the old country. The waitress was super-friendly and helpful. We didn't expect to see the owner, as he was cooking; with food that good, we didn't mind! A couple of locals at the bar were a bit loud, but no restaurant can really control that. We would go back in a New York minute!

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Ed G

Oceanside, California, United States
“A great neighborhood Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A great spot to grab lunch or dinner in Vista. The Proprietor, Tony, is from Sicily. For a small place, they have a very extensive Italian wine selection. They also have a large selection of local craft brews on draft. One of the best "works" pizzas, and vegetarian pizzas. A good selection of fresh salads and pastas.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Paul S
Dayton, Ohio
“Great food, friendly service”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We visited on a weeknight while staying in Carlsbad. We had a reservation but didn't need one that night, but I think on weekends it might be a good idea, the dining room is not that big. It's very clearly a neighborhood place, but we were greeted warmly and treated like friends.

The salads and bread were fine but nothing special, but the pasta carbonara that I ordered and the other pasta dishes that I sampled from my tablemates were all very good, I think my pasta carbonara was the best of the four and some of the best I've ever had.

If you're in the area, I would recommend stopping in.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank BGBeth
Diamond Bar, California
“Surprisingly good homemade food”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

A little 'hole in the wall' that is surprisingly good. The zucchini appetizer was fantastic. I would love to make this at home. Everything else was very good. My husband was not happy about the owner not acknowledging us in any way. When we left he kept talking to the people at the bar even when we said thank you/goodnight. His lovely wife cooking away.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank lisadlov
San Diego, California
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Uncle Tony's is a little Italian hideaway in Vista. The food is fresh, light & delicious! The wines are excellent. I will be in more often.

5 Thank Sherman007