Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$83
US$153
US$130
US$74
  • Pool
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$144
All reviewslego landsitting areavisit legolandmin drivefree breakfastsan diegoyogurtpull out sofagreat place to staysoccer tournamentfitness roomthe breakfast areashuttle serviceheated poolmini fridgefamily vacationlarge room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This hotel is brand new however the room are average and small. I personally had a bad experience. My room didn't have any toletries or face towels in queen double bed room. This was the room I was switched to after originally being a ADA room.

I had to call guest services and was delivered one face bar soap.

I was also found hair in my drinking glass.
Very disappointed for $187 a night!

I will not return to this location..

• Stayed: July 2012
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Melinda,

I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us last weekend. This type of service is not in keeping with our standards, and I have discussed this matter wtih our housekeeping team.

I hope we were able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction, but if you would like to discuss further please contact me at your leisure.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

This hotel just opened on July 10th and we stayed for two nights on July 23 for our trip to SD. We went to visit Wild Animal Park in Escondido and decided to pick this new Hyatt Place for our 1st stop.

Excellent rooms, very comfortable beds, and super clean and cozy!!! My kids loved this place and so did I!!!

The pool is a bit on the small side but my kids didn't mind at all. However, there must have been a bit too much chlorine in the pool as it made my kids' eyes' really red and for the whole night, they had blurry vision. I was worried until I googled it and the suspect was too much chlorine in the pool. The next day they were fine.

There is no restaurant on this property and is a bit out of the way when it comes to restaurants. It's a 10 min drive to the nearest place to eat. There is a Subway nearby and a Trader Joes (3 mins).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear MustLoveDogs,

Thank you for completing a review of our new hotel! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the beds as well as location near the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.

I have noted the issue your children experienced in our pool, and have discussed it with our engineering team as well as our pool cleaning contractor.

We offer food 24 hours a day in our Bakery Cafe located in the 1st floor Gallery, and the menu includes such items as flat bread pizzas, gourmet hamburgers and a flight of hummus (among other items). Please give us a try next time you stay with us, I believe you will be pleased.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Be greeted by a professional, courteous, and helpful Staff! Hotel has an excellent location, superb amenities, and fantastic breakfast. I'll be back for sure! Also ask about the challenging short, outdoor running trail behind the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear JDTravels,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel!

I am glad to hear you were happy with our location, the a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast as well as our Portico brand amenities!

I am also glad you discovered the running trail adjacent to our hotel! It does offer some great vistas as well as some opportunities to commune with nature.

I hope your visit to Vista was productive, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed here on July 19, 2012 with our 2 grandchildren. I have stayed at other Hyatt Place Hotels and liked them very well. This location had just opened as a new hotel only one week prior to our stay.

Being new, I expected a high degree of service and comfort. Other hotels in the general area provide shuttle service to Legoland........we saw that shuttle service was available at the Hyatt Place, but when we arrived they said that no van was available and they have had many requests for this service.

The rooms are spacious with good beds and amenities (Internet access, flat screen tv, etc.). The complimentary breakfast offered a lot of different options and was plentiful. But the hotel was very crowded and the breakfast ends at 9 A.M. Both mornings, at about 8:30 a lot of the items were depleted and not replenished, so unless you get to breakfast early, you may miss out on breakfast sandwiches and other items. It may have been the "newness" of the staff that caused the problem. It appeared that the staff could not cope with the waiting line for breakfast and did not have enough food for everyone.

I will give the hotel another chance in the future, and will blame this problem with breakfast as due to it being only open for 1 week prior to our arrival. All of the staff were very congenial and friendly, but seemed to be overwhelmed with check-in procedures and breakfast service.

We had a room on the Melrose Avenue side of the hotel and it was very noisy in the early AM from ongoing traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street to avoid traffic noise,
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JimOCotodeCaza_Ca
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I may have found the perfect Hotel brand! Hyatt Place! I'm not at all comfortable staying in economy digs. Let's face it, you get what you pay for. But I own my own business and the bottom line is a reality, so staying at high end luxury resorts isn't the answer either. Enter Hyatt Place Vista/Carlsbad! Brand new, perfectly in the middle of the price range, safe, secure, beautiful rooms and well managed. I loved my two nights there. I didn't miss the fancy amenities and was entranced by the Eco-systems, super breakfast and warm, welcoming staff. If schlepping my own luggage means I can still stay at a trusted brand that I love, then count me in! I will be going out of my way to find Hyatt Place for business travel and solo trips associated with my hobbies. One tip. This particular hotel is near LegoLand and perfect for families. The hot breakfast included in the rate was just " in a word" special.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nilene T
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Nilene,

Thank you for your review of our new hotel! We are excited to be open, and we agree that our hotel is redefining the select-service niche.

I was glad to hear you appreciated our breakfast and sustainable systems, and am delighted that our team exceeded your expectations!

Please do search out other Hyatt Places in your travels; there are 167 others out there. We look forward to your return to our "different place"!

Cheers,