“I like this place.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“I like this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

If you are looking for convenience and comfort this is the place in Vista. It really has a lot going for it. Clean rooms, great service, a very nice cafe in the lobby. The only odd thing is getting in to the property from the road. It can be a bit tricky the first time.

One of my favorite short-term hotels in the US.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Wes L, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Bob E,

Thanks for choosing our hotel to be your home away from home!

You have our marketing message nailed! We are a great value providing comfortable accommodations with purposeful service! We have relevant amenities, and a contemporary design that is functional and not at all austere!

Thank you for the recommendation and I am delighted to be one of your favorites!

Wes Lavender

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Anchorage, AK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a typical Hyatt Place property, with good quality accommodations. Perhaps I don't travel enough, but this is the first hotel I have stayed in that had an energy-efficient room that required your room keycard to be inserted for any of the room electric outlets and air conditioning to work. That meant resetting the thermostat when returning to the room, and the clock-radio had the wrong time. The latter isn't a problem for me because I never rely on them anyway, but my wife was annoyed.

The road construction situation is more than a slight inconvenience. No problem if you want to turn south on Melrose, but anything else is difficult or impossible depending on time of day. You can enter easily from southbound Melrose or the eastbound cross street (Farragut, I think).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlaskaStuart
Wes L, Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear AlaskaStuart,

We don't often see visitors from Alaska, so thank you for letting us serve you during your recent trip to Carlsbad!

We are a very green hotel, and one of our systems to reduce our carbon footprint is an in-room energy management system that requires a key to operate all electrical outlets (except those where you would be charging a phone, computer, iPad, etc.). Thanks for working with us to help conserve our valuable resources!

Great news, the construction has moved over a half mile from our hotel, but traffic is still diverted until October. This is a bit of an inconvenience, but the route is well marked, and the courteous Southern California drivers are always willing to move over so our guests can merge!

We hope to see you and your wife again soon....like in the winter when its still sunny and 70 here!

Campinas, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 2 weeks, the rooms are clean and wide. Good bed and shower. The staff are very friendly and they provide shuttle service. There are a lot of families, but no problems with noise. Recommended 3th floor.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear ETog,

I'm delighted you chose our hotel to meet your extended stay needs during your recent business trip to Carlsbad! We have very large rooms and our housekeeping department takes great pride in keeping them spotless!

Our shuttle is operated within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and this includes shopping, dining and of course LEGOLAND!

Thank you for your recommendation, and we hope to see you again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just stayed 4 nights due to business close by. The hotel is new, clean and met all my needs. I was on the 4th floor and at the very end so I zero problems with noise. There are a lot of families here with LegoLand down the road. The gym was clean if not small. 2 runners, 1 eliptical, 1 bike and some free weights. Breakfast was good with a few hot items and the usual pastries and cereals along with fresh fruit. Free and fast wifi throughout.
All along, the staff was really great. Always friendly and helpful. I travel to this area often and while I am not usually a Hyatt guy, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor and away from elevators if you want to avoid the family scene.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TCMexico
Wes L, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear TCMexico,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay in our hotel for a business trip!

You are correct, we do have quiet rooms, so for those wanting to have a tranquil stay, please let our team know and we will do our best to put you in a quiet area!

Our 24 hour fitness center boasts the 4 pieces of cardio equipment you detailed (each has a television organic to the equipment and we stock ear buds in case you forget) as well as weight bench with dumbbells to 50 lbs. in 5 lb. increments.

I hope we have earned your loyalty and can make you into a Hyatt guy!

Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The rooms were very clean and spacious. Much bigger then the hotel we stayed at in San Diego. The pool great. The breakfast was perfect for our family. Having a bar/snack counter is a great feature. I would definitely stay at a Hyatt Place again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear mudhonie,

Thanks for picking our hotel to be your host hotel during your family's trip to Carlsbad! I'm delighted you enjoyed the pool, a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast, our spacious guest rooms and the 24 hour Bakery Café!

Thank you for your recommendation, and we hope to see you when things get colder in Minneapolis!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the breakfast very much! A+. Staff was extraordinaire A+ again! Shuttle to Legoland was very convenient and staff was knowledgeable about great places to eat. The 2 queen room was very large, I wish it had more of a closet though. Wall unit for a/c is irritating and loud but what was weird it had a central a/c control?

We did not have housekeeping come on the second day of stay (didn't feel it was necessary and was wasteful) but we did on the third day. Upon arrival that evening The bathroom floor was very dirty, dirtier than we left it with dirty shoeprints dried to the floor! They didn't wipe the water/soap stains of the counter either. The bathroom tile was stained but looks like elbow grease would be able o remove it and a large oily mark on the wood headboard of one of the queen beds, all of which we did not do. The refridge was VERY noisy to the point we had to unplug it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Blgjmd2,

I'm delighted you were happy with your stay with us! I will pass long your compliments regarding your interractions with our staff as they love to hear feedback from our guests! The rooms with two queen beds have 400 square feet!

I do sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced in the room you occupied. I have discussed your comments with our engineering and housekeeping so we can improve for next time (we did replace the refrigerator in that room).

We hope to host you and your family again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a newer property and the rooms are spacious. If your looking for a place that is quite and subdued then this would not work for you. They cater to the Lego Land crowd so there are lots of kids and the hotel is packed. Went down for the breakfast and left for a restaurant as it was swamped.

I tried watching ESPN and the Open only to have it fade out. Called the front desk and they said they would get on it but the next day that channel and a number of others were out of service,

The staff seems well trained and are helpful. The wi fi is strong and quick and the rooms have all the latest in tv, connections and the like.

If you have kids this hotel will work fine as there is a small pool and it is close to Lego Land. We are past that stage and seek out places that are a little less busy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite of the construction.
Green Features: Very Eco oriented. Linens and sheets can be changed daily or will be done every third day.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear usmc63m,

I'm delighted that you escaped the Arizona heat in Carlsbad and chose our hotel to meet your needs. We do have quite a few guests who are families visiting LEGOLAND (as well as other local attractions), and our complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast is very popular, but if you eat before 8:30 the queues are short!

I do apologize for the satellite issue you experienced during your stay. This issue has since been resolved, but I understand how frustrating it can be to have a program interrupted.

We do have very fast Wi-Fi (and LAN) connections at 50 mb/s speeds and you can stream shows from your computer onto the 42" HDTV (e.g. Netflix, Hulu, etc.).

Thank you for your recommendation, and we hope to see you again when you travel to our area!

Wes Lavender
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
#25 of 36 in Carlsbad
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach

Been to Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad? Share your experiences!