“Fun and Funky Fare”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I think you will enjoy this Vista legend as much as we did. It was a bit cool so we requested a table inside, but on many days it is much more pleasant to sit at one of the sidewalk tables at the curbside of Main Street. John, the owner, keeps a close eye on everything and we did not wait long to be seated. Service is efficient and cheerful. I had the Spanish omelet while my wife had the spinach omelet. I had hashbrowns while she had cottage cheese. Another family member had eggs Benedict, with crispy American bacon substituted. Each special request was satisfied. Everything was tasty, but I did find the salsa a bit bland – I spiced it up with some Tabasco sauce. The décor consists of a number of paintings which are for sale. If you are hungry in Vista, the food is great at the Curbside Café – as is the atmosphere and service.

1  Thank H20Doc

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I visit the Curbside Cafe whenever I can. Their breakfasts are amazing and i love their pancakes. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun, the service excellent and the prices are very fair considering the portions. The food is creative with many vegetarian choices.
There is always something new to try.

1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Only open for breakfast and lunch, it’s a coffee shop with a coffee shop menu. The decor is much what one might expect and the service is particularly friendly and welcoming. But it is the quality of the food that truly sets the Curbside Café apart. We often eat there when visiting the adjacent theater and the entire menu reflects the care of the owner/chef for food, its preparation and presentation. For a treat, the Corned Beef Hash truly sets a world standard: not the usual canned combination of somewhat greasy diced potatoes and corned beef it is house prepared consisting of finely diced corned beef surrounded by diced potatoes and carrots. If there is one negative it is that the bathrooms are single holers and at busy times (such as Sunday mornings when the Curbside Café is a local breakfast favorite) there can be short lines.

1  Thank 22club58
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a local cafe that we had never tried but heard the food was excellent. We generally drive much farther to Encinitas for a comparable experience. We were pleasantly surprised to find the atmosphere much nicer than the Encinitas cafe we frequent. The Curbside Cafe has a much larger patio with much less street noise. We ate inside due to the weather where it was light and airy from the large bay windows overlooking the patio area. The service was excellent, with our waitress making us feel like one of her regulars. We had specialty coffee drinks with breakfast for which she brought out more hot coffee. In many places the specialty coffee drinks are a one shot deal. Our breakfasts were absolutely delicious and better than the routine fare you receive at most restaurants. We had eggs benedict with smoked salmon and capers and eggs with a very tasty spicy sausage.

1  Thank kb2923
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We always have breakfast at the Curbside. Wait staff are friendly, the breakfast special is a steal, and I like the option of a vegetarian breakfast option. Tofu and vegetables are my idea of a fabulous breakfast. My husband is a meat and eggs sort of guy.

Been to Curbside Cafe? Share your experiences!