“Not your typical La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Vista
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed 3 nights with our family and the only reason we didn't check out was because it would have been a giant paint taking all our stuff (had to tent our home for the weekend). The sink stopper would not open very much and was constantly getting backed up...I am 5'5" and had to lean back to wash my hair as the showerhead was so low. It was tacky and unclean everywhere. Looked like they did not detail clean anywhere. The breakfast area was very inadequate for a weekend and was poorly set up. Would NEVER stay here again, even if it was free!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

A La Quinta traveler
Sandy, Utah, USA
Reviewed 25 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Let's make this simple. We discovered LQ several years ago and have been pleased with the properties. Our stay in downtown Las Vegas left us suspicious about the chain and the Vista motel confirmed our thinking. LA Quinta should yank the franchise from the owners of the Vista site.

Other than new door locks and a flat panel TV there don't appear to have been any upgrades since the place was built. Definitely not up to LQ bragging rights. The king bed was soft and sagging, sounded like straw when you sat on it. The pillows were old. The carpet was soiled and looked like it might have been the original. The plumbing was old and rusty. Entry was from the outside and we listened all night to foot traffic from the second floor. The property is very difficult to get to and even finding the lobby is a challenge.

We booked two nights but checked out after the first night. This is not a rant, and obviously some folks had a different experience. I think I've truthfully laid out the facts as I saw them. Frequent LQ customers beware. This is not a La Quinta. It's old Ramada with a new paint job.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Had a wedding in Vista, made reservations and was happy to get a room with 2 beds. Room clean, beds comfy. They made arrangements for us to have an early check in so we could get ready for the wedding. Called at last minute to see if they had a crib, and when we got there the crib was set up in room. No complaints. I wonder though why no microwave or refrigerator, have stayed at other La Quintas and we have had both. My only other suggestion, put a seperate door on the shower toilet area....when you have several people to get dressed some privacy would be needed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Downey, California, USA
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Staff was VERY pleasant and helpful. The facilities were clean and well cared for, The beds were super comfy. We got a good night's sleep the very first night, as well as the second night. Good location. There were lots of tables in the breakfast area. The waffles made my hubby happy. Overall a very good experience. We'll stay there again and check to see if there is a La Quinta Inn where ever we travel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

A very good experience overall. Stayed here 4 nights on business. The room was fairly big, and the bathroom was larger than most. The room was clean and well kept. Beds were comfortable as well. I used the pool the last night I was there and it was great! I'd recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I relaxed in a quiet lovely pool area on my recent trip! The pool was a highlight but we were visiting our Marine son. The trip to Camp Pendleton took us about 20 minutes. Not too bad. I will be staying there again the next two weekends as my son is set to deploy soon. The bed is a pillow top and very nice! I felt this hotel did a great job

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
#22 of 36 in Carlsbad
Vista Inn
Vista Inn
#7 of 9 in Vista

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista? Share your experiences!