“Value a misnomer”

Motel 6 Vista
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Vista
“Value a misnomer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Service was okay as was breakfast, server and front desk helpful and pleasant. While the room was generously sized it was very old and dated, old food bag was found under the bed (so maybe not the most thorough cleaning) and I saw one renter with a 50+lb dog which is a turnoff for us with dog allergy. I found the price we were charged, $147, to be out of line with nicer places in LA and Orange County. Maybe this is San Diego pricing, but we were 8 miles from thencoast and 35 miles from San Diego...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Califormom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

This hotel was booked on Priceline and is the second time in ten years where Priceline failed to provide a good hotel. Rooms are large and the property is quiet, but it is run down, the rooms are dirty, and the staff is lousy. Add to that the single worst breakfast I have ever had at any hotel - ever - and the money spent on this hotel was a total waste.

I would not stay here again if it were free, or if I were paid to stay, I would select another hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank ConVivo

Travellers are raving about these Vista hotels

Santa Rosa, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

Wanted to save some money for a 4 night stay while visiting relatives in Carlsbad and this hotel was rated pretty good here on TripAdvisor so gave it a shot. Definitely not a lux hotel but met our expectations for the price. Walls are a little thin but ok with the A/C turned up in the summer. Big parking lot, tennis courts were actually being used by guests and even a chipping area for golfers. Has a frig and microwave, somewhat thin bath towels but replaced every day. Not used to dispensers for bath and hand soap but they worked well. Cable on TV has the usual channels. Really were not in room much but worked just fine for sleeping overnight. Would stay there again if we need to.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well away from CA-78
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

One of the best America's Best Value Inns that I have stayed in.
Clean, large rooms with microwave & refrigerator.
Continental breakfast - average fare, but good. I liked the hot freshly prepared oatmeal.

Room Tip: Sign up for Am. Best Value card for added discount
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

Pros: Large rooms; comfortable beds; mini-fridge; free Wi-Fi.
Cons: Non-smoking room smelled somewhat of smoke; cigarette burn hole in sheets and cigarette marks on vanity and toilet seat; outlets and lamps and overhead light fixtures that did not work; very thin towels and blankets' no protein foods (egg or yogurt) at breakfast.
Worst problem: When we reported that there was a sticky food stain on a blanket and aksed that it be washed or replaced, it was only dabbed at. The stain remained for the second night. I can understand the housecleaning staff missing it when first making up the bed, but I cannot countenance staff not replacing a dirty blanket when specifcially asked to do so. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EditorEGR
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

I stayed at the America Best Value Inn and Suites in March, 2011 to attend to family business. I was there for 5 dqays but had to extend for another 4 and there was no problem doing so. The room was spacious and welcoming. It came equipped with a microwave and fridge...both worked well. The cost of the hotel was wonderful since I was working on a budget. No problems at all. I cannot talk about the continential breakfast since I did not eat there. The staff were very attentive to my needs and helped me when I needed to print something off the computer, or fax paperwork. I would definately stay there again and recommend you stay at this motel if you will be in the Vista area. Oh....don't forget the view of the mountains. The price and accommodations were perfect. Thanks

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Colleen K
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

The pics & reviews of this hotel were OK, so for the price, we decided to stay there. We like to save some money, but after staying there we figured that next time we'll probably pay some more money for a nicer hotel. The gal who checked us in was very pleasant and quick. We booked for 4 people, but only got 2 sets of towels, so my husband had to go get some more- not too bad. Although the towels were so small & thin I was glad we didn't use the pool. The floors looked like newer Pergo, which seems cleaner than carpet to me. But the walls definitely needed a new coat of paint, there were scuffs and stains which made the room look a little dirty, which it wasn't- just older. The beds were ok, but the sheets and blanket were way too small for the bed and so thin! Luckily I brought a few extra blankets, or we would have been uncomfortable. The heater/AC worked fine. The room and bathroom were a good size, but the hot water was hit or miss. There was a continental breakfast included in the room (and they offered fresh made waffles too). It was located near shopping and restaurants just down the freeway. I would recommend it to someone who is on a budget since it's reasonable and it's a decent location and clean, but if you want more comfort consider paying a bit more and staying somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Vista Inn
#2 of 5 in San Marcos
Franciscan Inn Motel
Franciscan Inn Motel
#4 of 9 in Vista

Been to Motel 6 Vista? Share your experiences!