“One of the Best!”
Review of Motel 6 Vista

Motel 6 Vista
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Vista
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Staying at this Best Value was one of the best experiences I've had traveling. I was traveling for a not-so-wonderful reason and being greated by the friendly staff automatically put a smile on my face. The owner of this property, Serby, is one of the most kind-hearted people I have ever been so lucky to encounter. The room was so lovely. I stayed there with my brother and sister and we could not have asked for more room! There was plenty of room for all of us. I loved that they had little treat around the room. One was a bag of popcorn that I think said "Sweets for our Suites". It was so cute and thoughtful. I felt very safe staying there with my sibliings. Eateries were very close, so was the gas station as well as freeway access. Would I stay here again? Without a doubt. Thank you Best Value of Vista for making my trip so comfortable. After all, isn't that what we're all looking for when we're away from home? Comfort? Yes! And this Inn went above and beyond to make that happen!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer E

Reviewed 11 January 2012

My husband & I stayed here in September of 2011. We found the room very spacious with
alot of closet space & even a vanity area (great to do makeup) & a desk area. I loved the
2 closet armoire. (Each side of where the television is has a closet so both of us could
have our own closet) The bathroom was squeaky clean, a huge plus! Bed was comfortable.
Complimentary breakfast was above average. (Oatmeal made in a crock pot, waffles made to order, fresh coffee, breads, fruits, juice & bagels too) They have a nice pool & jacuzzi
although it was not warm weather for swimming but will give that a try this summer! We are
returning back for a 3 night stay on January 12, 2012. The staff at the front desk are nice
too! I didn't rate the fitness center as I did not see a gym there? They have a golf putting
green which sits off the parking lot & it's a huge parking lot, easy to park and the location
is close to my Dad, perfect for visits!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Toni E
Reviewed 5 December 2011

After driving all night from Northern California to Southern California my boyfriend and I were exhausted. We knew from living in area for a while there was a America’s Best Value Inn & Suites, just off the 78. So we pulled into here and got a room for 3 nights. The first thing I noticed was how sanitary the bathroom and shower were, along with a fresh and cozy room. In the rooms there is nice furniture with plenty of closet space to hang clothes in. The staff was really helpful and friendly and the manager came out to make us feel right at home. We couldn’t have stayed at a better spot with a nice private feel. They also have a pool that is clear and a Jacuzzi that I would recommend taking a dip in after a long time on the road. My favorite part of the whole stay was every morning in the complimentary breakfast, there was a lady with homemade batter waiting to make you fresh Belgian waffles. I would like to thank the management for making our stay most comforting and every time we visit southern California we will be sure to stay here again.
Sincerely Tatiana & Tom

Room Tip: get a suites
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tatiana H
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Upon checking into the hotel we were greeted with very noisy next door neighbors that kept us awake until all hours of the night. We stayed on Tuesday night and asked to be moved to a new room on Wednesday morning. We were. Wednesday night my SIX YEAR OLD found a marijiana pipe and liter in the drawer of the night stand. The young man at the front desk did nothing to make it better so we checked out the next morning. The management has refussed to refund my money. In addition the GM/owner will not return my phone calls or e-mails about the situation. She has done NOTHING to make this better.
What kind of business would allow a customer to walk away so unhappy and do nothing to try and make it better?

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Cheryl P
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My husband had to have E.R. gallblader surgery and we were at the America's Best Value. We stayed close to a week there and let me tell you we are not coming back.
In days that we stayed our room was cleaned twice. I contacted the manager who contacted the owner who never called me back. Which made me mad because we paid the same rate everyday and we deserved to have a clean room, clean towels and clean sheets. Our bed was never made or changed and they never scrubbed the walls that had fecal mater on it before we showed up. The staff acted like they didn't care when I told them about it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank karenkarenn
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I recently spent two nights at this hotel and was reasonably comfortable. The room was quite large but the furnishings were shabby without the "chic". The drapes have seen better days and are in need of repair/replacement; the blankets were thin and worn, as were the sheets. The ceiling above my bed was covered in cobwebs. The outside of the property is well-kept and the landscaping is very attractive; there's a pool and a tennis court (I did not use them) and some sort of breakfast is included (I did not partake). It is too bad that the maintenance bestowed upon the outside of the hotel does not extend to its rooms. Finally, there was an unnerving emphasis placed on security (cameras everywhere -- unmonitored, apparently; regular appearances from a Sheriff in a patrol car, and occasional torch-lit sweeps made by hotel. staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank WineGoddess6
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This hotel isn't bad for the price. It even has hardwood floors! The room itself was spacious, even though it was laid out a bit awkward. There was a small sink, fridge and microwave but only 2 chairs at the table. The pillows were WAY too flat and the towels WAY too small. When we went to the front desk for more pillows we were told they didn't have any! The shower was narrow and they didn't have the nice curvy curtain rod.

We didn't go into the pool since we were heading out to Legoland and the water park but it looked pretty big.

Breakfast was muffins cut in quarters and a crockpot of oatmeal. The coffee was weak but the kids enjoyed the o.j.

If you want a cheap meal nearby, go to New York Style Pizza. For $20 you get a 2 foot (at least) wide pizza with 1 topping. It was ridiculously large but we had it for breakfast the next day too.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Join the America's Best Value Inn club (free) to get an even better rate.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
2 mi away
Days Inn San Marcos
#5 of 5 in San Marcos
3 mi away
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad

Been to Motel 6 Vista? Share your experiences!