“Only stay here out of desperation.”
Review of Motel 6 Vista

Motel 6 Vista
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Vista
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This place is in such need of upkeep. Rooms feel dirty and smell dirty. Holes in the wall, cig burns everywhere, just very unpleasant. Front desk person not very friendly. We regretted choosing this place. Pool police taped off. Maybe under repair.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I've stayed here three times with friends, and each time I never paid more than $62 dollars for a two bed smoking room at short notice. Cheap, pretty clean and have wood floors which makes it easier to stay clean. Only downfall I experienced that made me not go back was when I stayed in December 2012. I saw two roaches in the bathroom and told the front desk. They were nice about it and gave me their word it wouldn't happen again. But I haven't gone back. I've been staying at others since. But overall, for a night or so - this hotel is dirt cheap but has decent quality rooms. The area isn't so bad, either.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I booked a really great rate here for a 4 night stay. When I checked in there was no soap in the room. I tried to call the front desk to advise but the phone was busy. After several tries, I had to walk to the front desk to ask for soap. There were cigarette burns in the sheets and blankets and all over all of the furniture. The tub and toilet seat were both peeling. There was no kleenex in the room so I called the front desk and was able to get through this time and was advised the hotel does not provide kleenex in the rooms. I've never heard of a hotel not providing kleenex. We left for the remainder of the day and did not return until about 2am. Upon our return, the smoke detector was beeping. I tried to call the front desk to advise them and yet again the phone was busy so I had to walk to the front desk again. The lady at the desk asked me if I wanted to replace the battery myself or she can come do it. I was appalled that she would expect me to change the battery in my hotel room that I am paying money for. What kind of service is this? I told her she could do it. She changed it and left but it continued to beep. This time instead of dialling 0, I called the hotel from my cell phone so I could reach her instead of walking back to the desk. She said she put a new battery in it so she would just have to take it out. When she finally came back to the room, she said due to fire code, she could not remove it so we could stay in the room or move. WTH!! I told her to move us. It is now about 2:30am after we moved to the new room. We pulled back the blanket and saw some type of stain on the sheet, either blood or rust. One of the pillows had stains on it too. I ended up checking out the next day and found a MUCH better hotel to stay at. If you like a room that desparately needs to be renovated, has stained sheets and super unfreindly staff then this is your place. If not, don't let the cheap price trick you like it did me....STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Traci A
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Pros, the bed was comfortable the room was quite ,the price was right, Cons, the floor was dirty as well as the side tables there was stuff? on the bedspread, there were holes in the shower curtain, the tub was stained, the wifi was too weak to use from our room, in the breakfast room there were on coffee cups and no coffee,

Room Tip: really check the room be staying
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is where we stay when we take our mini vacations to Legoland. It's by no means a 5 star hotel, but the rates are super, it's clean, friendly staff, and close to Legoland. We have stayed at many hotel in the area and we have found this to be our favorite, simply because of the price and cleanliness of it. We would rather spend our money at Legoland on our kids then on a fancy hotel. If you are on a budget and want a good place to stay...this is it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Skeller229
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We decided to take a risk and stay here this past weekend because all of the other local hotels were booked. We had to be up and out early and didn't know what the traffic would be so we wanted to be close by to where we needed to be. Anyways, we checked in with our daughter, two sons, and two of their friends around 10:30PM and lone and behold my daughter went to throw something out and in the trash can was a opened box of condoms and open wrappers...not what I would expect in a "cleaned" hotel room. We noticed that one of the beds had a body indention on the made bed. Went down to the reception desk and was told this must have been overlooked. Because it was so late, we decided to take the room move, which ended up being what they thought should be compensation. So if you decide to stay here, stay in room 101. This room doesn't have the stain infested carpet and actually was what their pictures of the rooms look like on their website. I usually don't do reviews, but I thought this was absolutely nasty and was a horrible experience for out kids and thier friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Reasons to stay here, 1) Save some cash, rates are low versus most hotels in area, 2) Spacious rooms, 3) Our King Bed was very good, 4) Provided breakfast not deluxe but helps save money, 5) Quiet at night, did not hear other guests through walls, near freeway but freeway noise not a problem, 6) Nice pool area including soothing whirlpool tub, 7) Air conditioning was quiet and worked very well, 8) Neighborhood seems safe. ...........

Reasons you might not like it, 1) Bed pillows were awful, 2) Room walls had various scrapes and dents, 3) One of the table chairs in our room was heavily stained and quite disgusting, see photo, 4) One of the front desk staff borderline rude [daughter-in-law of owner, I think], 5) TV small and rather old, 6) Bath towels were on the verge of being sandpaper, 7) Wireless internet was crap, 8) Shower head low on wall, might have to get on knees to wash hair if you are very tall, 9) Most furniture in pool area cracked and in need of replacement ...........

Other comments, 1) Super location in greater north San Diego area. Quick to get to Carlsbad, Oceanside or desert landscape to east. Almost all of the moderately priced hotels in Carlsbad or Oceanside are located on busy roads, glad we stayed where we did. 2) Plenty of grocery stores, other shopping, and restaurants a short drive from hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UrbanManUSA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Vista Inn
Days Inn Carlsbad
Days Inn Carlsbad
#27 of 36 in Carlsbad
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside

Been to Motel 6 Vista? Share your experiences!