Motel 6 Vista
US$72
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2013

For 6 years, I stayed at this hotel whenever I came to visit friends in San Marcos. The staff was always honest and friendly and as a single woman, I felt safe and welcome. Now that it is under new ownership and all the previous staff is gone, there is no reason to stay here. The desk attendant refused to honor my internet reservation and charged me $40 more than my online deal. I had to call the Motel 6 corporate office guest relations which immediately resolved the problem. I have no grievances against the Motel 6 Franchise, just this property. I actually dealt with two desk attendants at the hotel, both of them telling me that there was nothing they could do -- that they would not honor the internet deal. After the corporate office called them, I went back to the front desk and was told they were too busy to help me, even though they had just been directed to refund my money. I told them I had all night and could wait in the office until they weren't busy so I was finally helped. When I got to my room, the bathroom smelled disgusting which made the whole room stink, but I didn't want to talk with the office anymore to remedy the situation. So much for a relaxing vacation. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kelly J
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed here starting 02/10/2013 to 05/07/2013 for personal and business reasons i was close to friends and work and at the time the price was 327.25 per week with value card(which is free you just sign up for it on there website) and it stayed at that price for a month which was a great rate for a king bed with mini frig and microwave but then next month the head manager said he wouldn't take the value card and the rate went up to 385 per week which is still ok that stayed like that for two months then when i went to get another week on may 7th he said that because they are changing to motel 6 franchise and its spring/summer time the rate is 763.30 per week which is crazy for that much i could stay in a 4 star on the water vs a 2 star on a hill over a highway and if they are becoming a motel 6 like they say the are they should be at most charging 65-70 a night not 99 a night also the cops are their almost every night arresting someone and the rooms are a disaster area and you can never reach them on the phone the free breakfast is a joke and all the manager except the head manager are nice but the head manager is a jerk my recommend is until they learn how to manage the hotel correctly for the price they are charging go get a hotel on the water i have stayed at hotels all over the country and this on they way they run it is right up their with the JFK inn in queens, NY and that place the front desk lady was in-charge of hookers for the hotel at night.

Room Tip: don't go here choose some where else
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Croon2013
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This place is in such need of upkeep. Rooms feel dirty and smell dirty. Holes in the wall, cig burns everywhere, just very unpleasant. Front desk person not very friendly. We regretted choosing this place. Pool police taped off. Maybe under repair.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I've stayed here three times with friends, and each time I never paid more than $62 dollars for a two bed smoking room at short notice. Cheap, pretty clean and have wood floors which makes it easier to stay clean. Only downfall I experienced that made me not go back was when I stayed in December 2012. I saw two roaches in the bathroom and told the front desk. They were nice about it and gave me their word it wouldn't happen again. But I haven't gone back. I've been staying at others since. But overall, for a night or so - this hotel is dirt cheap but has decent quality rooms. The area isn't so bad, either.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I booked a really great rate here for a 4 night stay. When I checked in there was no soap in the room. I tried to call the front desk to advise but the phone was busy. After several tries, I had to walk to the front desk to ask for soap. There were cigarette burns in the sheets and blankets and all over all of the furniture. The tub and toilet seat were both peeling. There was no kleenex in the room so I called the front desk and was able to get through this time and was advised the hotel does not provide kleenex in the rooms. I've never heard of a hotel not providing kleenex. We left for the remainder of the day and did not return until about 2am. Upon our return, the smoke detector was beeping. I tried to call the front desk to advise them and yet again the phone was busy so I had to walk to the front desk again. The lady at the desk asked me if I wanted to replace the battery myself or she can come do it. I was appalled that she would expect me to change the battery in my hotel room that I am paying money for. What kind of service is this? I told her she could do it. She changed it and left but it continued to beep. This time instead of dialling 0, I called the hotel from my cell phone so I could reach her instead of walking back to the desk. She said she put a new battery in it so she would just have to take it out. When she finally came back to the room, she said due to fire code, she could not remove it so we could stay in the room or move. WTH!! I told her to move us. It is now about 2:30am after we moved to the new room. We pulled back the blanket and saw some type of stain on the sheet, either blood or rust. One of the pillows had stains on it too. I ended up checking out the next day and found a MUCH better hotel to stay at. If you like a room that desparately needs to be renovated, has stained sheets and super unfreindly staff then this is your place. If not, don't let the cheap price trick you like it did me....STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends