“Surprising quite nice”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Surprising quite nice”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

You wouldn't expect it judged by the location, but once inside the gardens you'll find yourself in a little oasis. The garden tends to focus on plants native to this locale.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank topaccommodations

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“A nice walk in the park”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

If you have time to volunteer and like plants this would be a great cause. Ruth is now too old to garden but she had a lovely idea. We went last week mid April and there were some flowers blooming but I would like to see it in season. This place is a lot of work and looks like it could use more volunteers but it is a lovely idea and a good place to spend an hour for a good cause. I bought the $35 membership rather than pay $10 each so that we could return and then you get 2 free guest passes and discounts on purchases.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank joyce s
McKinleyville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An amazing place!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My best friend and I stumbled upon this gem on our way to Mt. Diablo. I had no idea how lucky we were! The docent led tour was very informative & interesting, and the garden itself is remarkable. I became a member, and now take friends there when we are in the area (and I live 5 hours away!). Definitely a must see if you love cacti, succulents, and a little local piece of history.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Julie L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“"Night to Remember"”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Went out with a group and I ordered Chicken with mashed potato and spring veggies, it was a simple dinner for me, but the flavor was perfectly balance, my husband had Steak and it was very satifiying for him my hubby is a meat eater and if he doesn't like it he well tell me...no complain there, The one that got my attention was the dessert cheese cake individual with beautiful fresh fruit with white chocolate, I can't eat I felt bad destroying this beautiful master piece dessert!...Over all its a very warm place a little pricy, but the service is presidential...

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Rubyjade68
Palghat
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“You may get insulted here!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I read about this garden on the net and went to see it during my stay in California. It was 10-30 in the morning when I reached there and hoped to spend an hour there as I had an appointment at 12. The ladies in the office were very kind and were explaining to me about a paid walking tour of the garden. Suddenly a male voice was heard from inside the office mockingly saying that I was about to ask for a discount! I was shocked and felt insulted. I politely replied that I had no time to accept their offer even if it was 100% free and walked out.
I won't recommend this garden to tourists.

Visited September 2013