“Sculpture show”

The Ruth Bancroft Garden
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our primary reason for attending the Ruth Bancroft Garden is the annual sculpture show. Although many of the pieces are out of our price range, we have nonetheless managed, I think without fail, to find something to bring home each year.

All reviews
"on display"
"cactus"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 16 April 2014

You wouldn't expect it judged by the location, but once inside the gardens you'll find yourself in a little oasis. The garden tends to focus on plants native to this locale.

1  Thank topaccommodations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

If you have time to volunteer and like plants this would be a great cause. Ruth is now too old to garden but she had a lovely idea. We went last week mid April and there were some flowers blooming but I would like to see it in season. This place is a lot of work and looks like it could use more volunteers but it is a lovely idea and a good place to spend an hour for a good cause. I bought the $35 membership rather than pay $10 each so that we could return and then you get 2 free guest passes and discounts on purchases.

1  Thank joyce s
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My best friend and I stumbled upon this gem on our way to Mt. Diablo. I had no idea how lucky we were! The docent led tour was very informative & interesting, and the garden itself is remarkable. I became a member, and now take friends there when we are in the area (and I live 5 hours away!). Definitely a must see if you love cacti, succulents, and a little local piece of history.

2  Thank Julie L