“Great hotel, fabulous fitness center”

Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
San Diego
“Great hotel, fabulous fitness center”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stay at this hotel on a weekly basis. Sorry to hear another person reported problems with the valet service because my experience week after week has been excellent. My car is waiting for me first thing in the morning and someone is always there to greet me upon my return home at night. The rooms are extremely comfortable. The fitness center is actually a local club connected to the hotel and hotel guests have full access for free. It's simply the best fitness center I have ever seen, bar none.

Room Tip: My only complaint is Internet access from rooms on the inner portion of the hotel is sometimes probl...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A wonderful boutique hotel connected to a world class athletic facility. Great staff, great food, great experience! BART is located very close if you desire to travel into downtown Oakland or San Francisco. The valet staff and bell staff are always friendly and helpful. I always enjoy staying at this property.

Room Tip: Get a corner room so you can see the hillside.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Would highly recommend staying here when visiting Walnut Creek and the east bay. Well run property, excellent staff, comfortable rooms with delicious bedding, huge, well equipped gym, beautiful spa and relaxing outdoor pool area. And BART is just a very short walk away if you want to get into San Francisco without the hassel of driving. We are Platinum Premier members and this is our favorite Marriott property by far. In fact, we have stayed here many times over the years and are never ever disappointed. On our recent visit for our daughter's college graduation - Angel and Luis, the Front Office Manager , went above and beyond to ensure that our visit was perfect. Other then a Housekeeping-related issue during our stay which was promptly and very pleasantly resolved by Nicole at the front desk - the Renissance Club Sport once again met our high standards. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank katcrazy
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very nice Marriott hotel with great gym included. Gym includes outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, bocce court. Indoors is a huge gym with every type of equipment, a room for spinning, racquetball, basketball, separate men's and women's locker rooms with showers, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Most people there are gym members.

Valet parking only, $20.

We had free internet (fast enough) and breakfast included. Buffet was OK, but not great. Service was top notch.

Rooms were generous size, very comfortable.

Rooms could use a safe.

Hallways could use a patrol to pick up dishes, odd silverware, etc.

Convenient to I-680. Rooms were very quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel itself is really nice, but unfortunately the parking situation made the stay really frustrating on the way in and the way out. I left feeling like I never want to go there again. They require valet parking and charge you $20 for it; however, they were seriously short on parking staff both days, making a big back-up of cars, confusion, and a frustrating wait (we could've have gotten our own cars! And we had to pay for this??). I finally parked myself in the valet parking.But on the way out, same situation. Waiting and waiting with tons of cars and frustration all around. One guy working the parking. I went in to tell the front desk this was terrible, especially when we have to pay $20 to be parked They weren't all that concerned about my frustration. They simply told me that this was rare. I said that's great, but on my way in and out it's happened and I'm totally frustrated. I just want to get my car and go! They weren't even sympathetic, which I thought was strange. Otherwise, the staff was great! And if you are a fitness buff, this is paradise!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank HappyTrails0368
Luis D, Front Office Manager at Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Happytrails0368,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that your parking experience was affected by our high business levels during your visit. Be sure that we have taken the proper actions to prevent this type of incidents. We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with a greater experience in the future.
Sitka, Alaska
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very nice hotel, great breakfast buffet, and HUGE workout facility. My only complaint was the double beds vs queen beds - that extra 6 inches makes a big difference with two people in a bed. The room was spacious enough to handle two queens, so I don't know why they chose two doubles instead. Otherwise, great property.

• Stayed March 2014
Crescent City, California
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just returned from a short vacation in the Bay Area (California) and truly recommend this hotel. The room was quiet, the bed very comfortable, the food options in the hotel perfect for our needs (we used the deli and took food to our room). I had a wonderful swim and could have enjoyed more of the exercise options but was a bit short on time. We find valet parking a bit annoying only because we cannot easily retrieve items from the car. However, the very quick response we received to all car requests made this experience a positive one for us. Location was perfect for shopping and a trip up Mount Diablo. Definitely will return to this hotel if we're in the Bay Area again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Diablo Mountain Inn
Diablo Mountain Inn
#5 of 7 in Walnut Creek

Been to Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel? Share your experiences!