“So Disappointing”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Concord, California
“So Disappointing”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Not a favorite place but my grandson really wanted to go there so I agreed. It used to be one of our favorite restaurants but no more. It's become very expensive for the portion sizes. Paid $8.99 for a lunch that consisted of one maybe two leaves of romaine lettuce with 4 croutons and approximately 1/2 cup of fettuccine with shrimp. In fairness, the shrimp were plentiful and very tasty. A cup of mac and cheese for my granddaughter was $5.99. My grandson's chicken strips and fries for $5.99 was the best bargain on the menu. The young man who seated us was very friendly and actually acted like he liked his job. Our server was good although he never seemed to notice that we waited over 30 minutes for our food. It only arrived after I asked if our order had been lost. He assured us it hadn't so my only conclusion was the kitchen help must have been understaffed. Uh huh! This was my LAST trip to Applebee's. My suggestion - find another restaurant.

• Visited May 2013

“A Nice Neighborhood Restauran”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I like their 2 for $20 menu; you get so much that even 3 or 4 people can share! Their cocktails are great...nice and strong! I used to always order their riblets.

Visited February 2013
Madera, California
“Slow service, but food was good”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I've found that Applebees food is pretty consistent no matter which restaurant you eat at. Our only complaint with this location was that the service was pretty slow. Several times, we watched our server chat with other patrons at the bar while we were waiting to place our order. Once our order was placed, the food was delivered in a reasonable amount of time. Then, we had to wait longer than we wanted to receive our bill....again, the server was visiting with other patrons. In general, Applebees is a pretty safe place to enjoy a good meal at a reasonable price.

Visited November 2012
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Yum!”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Made a quick lunch date with friends and we met at Applebee's. As I live out of the country I didn't know if it would be as good as remembered but it was. Their menu was updated with calorie counts and healthy options - nice! Great spot for a relaxing lunch.

Visited August 2012
Walnut Creek, CA
“Poor quality”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Poor quality corporate food - everything tastes pre-packaged. Nothing is fresh or prepared in house. Service is good.

Visited May 2012