“It's an applebee's!”

Ranked #207 of 301 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 12 May 2014

It's an applebee's! What more is there to say lol. I will say I was pretty sad to find out they sell steaks, but no horseradish!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

A nice neighborhood casual dining place. Very reasonable prices. Entree selection terrific - something for everyone. Entrees the perfect size. Tiny desserts are winners. We've always had great service. Parking ok. We do some small family birthdays there.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Not a favorite place but my grandson really wanted to go there so I agreed. It used to be one of our favorite restaurants but no more. It's become very expensive for the portion sizes. Paid $8.99 for a lunch that consisted of one maybe two leaves of romaine lettuce with 4 croutons and approximately 1/2 cup of fettuccine with shrimp. In fairness, the shrimp were plentiful and very tasty. A cup of mac and cheese for my granddaughter was $5.99. My grandson's chicken strips and fries for $5.99 was the best bargain on the menu. The young man who seated us was very friendly and actually acted like he liked his job. Our server was good although he never seemed to notice that we waited over 30 minutes for our food. It only arrived after I asked if our order had been lost. He assured us it hadn't so my only conclusion was the kitchen help must have been understaffed. Uh huh! This was my LAST trip to Applebee's. My suggestion - find another restaurant.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I like their 2 for $20 menu; you get so much that even 3 or 4 people can share! Their cocktails are great...nice and strong! I used to always order their riblets.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I've found that Applebees food is pretty consistent no matter which restaurant you eat at. Our only complaint with this location was that the service was pretty slow. Several times, we watched our server chat with other patrons at the bar while we were waiting to place our order. Once our order was placed, the food was delivered in a reasonable amount of time. Then, we had to wait longer than we wanted to receive our bill....again, the server was visiting with other patrons. In general, Applebees is a pretty safe place to enjoy a good meal at a reasonable price.