“Noisy chaotic experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sunrise Bistro
Ranked #23 of 288 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Safety Harbor, Florida
“Noisy chaotic experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We dined at the Sunrise Bistro as part of a tour group. The restaurant has a small back room which was set up for us with numbered menus at each seat. The room as extremely noisy with 40 people. The servers had us circle our choices on the menus in front of us. When the food was served instead of using the number system on the menus, they simply walked in and shouted, "who gets the brisket? who gets the french dip? who gets the turkey?" which just added to the noise in the room. As people claimed the entree that was being offered, many times the sides were wrong so it was not the meal that they had circled on their menus, which prompted more shouting and more confusion.
The food itself was average.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Natural goodness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My teenage son and I (from out of state) ate here around 2 pm on a Tuesday. Staff was very nice and helpful - they really seemed to care about their guests. Food was fresh, natural, and tasted good.

I had the bean burger. Very tasty. I had to ask about the little red pieces mixed in with the beans. They were chopped beets! Innovative! The patty did fall apart quite easily and I'm wondering if some egg were added to it if that might help keep it all together.

My son had a pancake. His order came with two cakes, but they were so hearty that he couldn't even eat both (I helped him on the second - lucky me). Very nice!

Parking must be tricky during busy times, but it was fine at the time we visited.

A bit on the louder side, but not awful.

Thank you, Sunrise Bistro, for a yummy, healthy lunch!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“Great brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Nice Sunday breakfast as usual. I had coffee and Joe’s Scramble - Italian sausage, spinach, mushrooms, onions & Romano. I also had bacon and breakfast potatoes. It is extremely noisy in the restaurant to the point that I had to almost yell to be heard by my dining companion. Parking is also an adventure. Still a nice place to eat in Walnut Creek.

• Visited March 2014
Concord, Massachusetts
“Simple, healthful food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I love the Sunrise Bistro. I can have whatever I want. Whole grain pancakes sweetened with fruit. Poached eggs with sides of vegetables and brown rice. The tea selection is good. My kids will eat the breakfast meats and potatoes, although I don't remember ever seeing a French fry at Sunrise. The service is fast and friendly. The Sunrise Bistro is the best thing about shopping at Broadway Plaza!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Walnut Creek, California
“Healthy and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Cindy's passion for healthy food choices is well represented in the menu. This place is always crowded, has a wide variety of food choices, and everything is good for you!

Visited January 2014