“Great location, great staff”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Media, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great location, great staff”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stay at the Walnut Creek Marriott almost every week on business. The staff is very friendly and extremely attentive, the facilities have recently been upgraded and improved, and management is very responsive to our feedback. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: If you're bothered by road noise, avoid rooms overlooking the interstate highway.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stayed for one night while in Walnut Creek on business.
The hotel had just been renovated (per the front desk) and the room did have that fresh, clean and new feel to it.
We had a business dinner at a restaurant nearby (Flemings) and there seemed to b emany chocies of places to eat within a 5 minute drive.

I went to the fitness center to walk on the treadmill...it seemed more like a standalone gym with lots of weight machines and free weights. I wasn't sure if everyone working out there were hotel guests or if they were gym members - it looked like there was an external entrance to the room.

In the morning, I enjoyed the buffet breakfast - plenty of fresh fruit and yogurt.

My only complaint - no safe in the room for securing PC or iPad when outside of the room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 11 June 2012

What a great surprise this property was. The price was great, the staff exceeded my expectations. They upgraded us to the Governors suite, which after a long day of driving in San Francisco traffic was so nice. They had an excellent concierge lounge, and the front desk staff was helpful and accommodating. Parking is free for self park, and the BART is close by as well. I booked this hotel because it was between Napa and San Francisco where we were headed, and now that I've stayed here I would stay there again! Highly recommend!!!!

Room Tip: Our room was great. I am sure the rest of the rooms here are great too. It is decorated as most Marr...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 31 May 2012

When visiting Walnut Creek, Ca are, we have been staying here. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and parking is easy. Breakfast service is fine and the coffee is good.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The Walnut Creek Marriott entire staff treated me with the courtesy and attention you expect from a fine hotel. The service and food was excellent and the atmosphere was friendly with all members of staff making me feel very welcome at all times. A special 'Thank you' to Soudi,Simi,Lealyn,Roberto,& Rosabella for your true professionalism and great conversation. Please share this note with your management.

Lewis Durham
Platinum Member

San Leandro, California
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The afternoon of May 15th, I enjoyed a delightful lunch meeting at the newly decorated Marriott Hotel in Walnut Creek, California. The food was magnificent and the service was perfect!

Our waitress - Simi - could not have been more pleasant. She was enthusiastic, happy and delighted to please.

If you go to the Marritt dining room, do yourself a favor and ask for Simi.

Most sincerely,
W. F. Cronk

Hamilton, NJ
Reviewed 20 May 2012

So when traveling on business I usually tend towards the cheaper hotels - SpringHill/Staybridge Suites etc... I ended up here because it was the hotel of choice for the company I was contracting for. Since it was on their dime, I stayed.

This hotel looks to have been recently redone. The lobby is finished and nice, and the rooms are spacious - almost too much so. I was in a room that was right in the corner crook of the hotel - and while it had a queen bed, nice desk, comfy chair - it actually felt quite empty. It did have a wet bar sink but the ice bucket was hidden in the credenza. The bathroom was well appointed with both shower/toilet area with its own door and sink/tub area. There was a lot of lighting and generally the room felt and looked well kept and clean, if a little sparse. That all aside - having stayed in a lot of the suite hotels - not having a refrigerator/microwave was actually kind of a minus for me. I saw a small fridge outside the door to one room so I guess if you request it you can get it - but why not make it standard? I know they want you to use room service, but at $219 a night - which is way more then those suite hotels....maybe a small one would be nice.

The breakfast buffet: again this is an area where I felt more spoiled at a suite hotel. Breakfast was $12 plus tip and the buffet was about the same as those suite hotels that give it to you for free, except for the omelet station. Otherwise I felt again - like it was an unnecessary add on charge.

They did comp me the wifi charges for all three days - but why charge? Everyone needs and wants it. And the convenience store next to the front desk was way less stocked then the one at a suite hotel - which had a fridge and freezer section with sodas and ice cream.

I'm sure by now you think I hated it - but it was fine, I'm just not used to paying this much for what seems like less.

And now - on to the real drawbacks to this hotel:

First - what is it with business centers in hotels having outdated computers? These PCs were running Windows XP and IE 7. Trying to check in to my flight to just print by boarding pass (I only carry my iPad with me) - IE kept throwing certificate errors. I know most people have their own laptops but sometimes you just need to get something printed. The PCs were old and not handling the United web site very well. How hard would it be to spend $1500 and get three brand new desktop PCs with updated hardware?

Second - the fitness center. While it had all the essential machines - it was in an interior room on the third floor with no windows and had a yellow tint to the lights. It felt old and while well kept was not an attractive place to work out.

Third - the parking garage. The parking garage is beyond tight. I felt like I was in an NYC parking garage. It was so tight that in the valet section - they has carpet on all the poles. I'm glad I had a subcompact rental car. As I was walking back into the hotel one night someone stopped me to help them get out of a spot. Just expect if you have a car bigger than a compact - you're in for some seriously careful maneuvering. It's REALLY bad.

Overall - I felt the hotel was good as a place to stay on business, maybe it was just too ritzy for me, being frugal about where I stay.

Room Tip: If you want lots of room - ask for a room in the crook of the hotel - the inside corner.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Diablo Mountain Inn
Diablo Mountain Inn
#5 of 7 in Walnut Creek

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!