“A+ Experience”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We spent last weekend at the Walnut Creek Marriott with hundreds of high school girls and their parents who were participating in the USA Water Polo Olympic Development Program Regional Championships. Through the weekend the entire staff from the very accessible general manager to housekeeping, reataurant wait, and valet car parking were incredibly friendly and supportive. Every staff person we encountered was 100% committed to making our stay the best it could possibly be. The rooms are a little dated and small but the entire facility is spotless and well maintained. We had two dinners and one breakfast at the Atrio restaurant and it was first class. The standard menu augmented by the bi-weekiy specials is fairly limited but everything we had was excellent. The chefs and wait staff (ask for Dorina if she is working dinners) are very willing to offer suggestions and modify menu items to make sure that you are pleased. They have a band in the bar area on Friday nights that totally rocks. The lead singer looks like John McCain but sings like Axel Rose. He is worth the stay alone. And the great thing for people staying at the hotel is that the band stops at 10 PM so you get a couple of hours of great entertainment but can also get a good night's sleep even if you have an early event planned for Saturday morning. All in all if you are planning a stay in the east bay you won't be disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 March 2014

When you first drive in and are met with smiles and friendly faces you know you are at the RIGHT PLACE! I travel quite extensively and stay at hotels that are rated five star as well as lower. The Hotel Staff treats you as if you are the finest family member. With a renovation coming soon this is the GO TO PLACE. I also felt particularly safe as when you first drive in, you are met with an attentive valet service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We have stayed at the Marriott Walnut Creek a number of times. It is in a convenient location, easily walkable to BART and downtown. However, this stay, which occurred after being away for a while, was less than satisfactory. The room was noisy (beware of being on the second floor overlooking the garage entry and trash cans) and ventilating system difficult (too hot or too cold). The decor, furnishings, etc are tired and need updating. We'll probably look elsewhere next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

As a 20+ year road warrior that stays in hotels over 200 nights per year I have my choice of hotels at any price point. The Walnut Creek Marriott is my #1 US location to stay at for many reasons. Besides the strategic location and close proximity to some of the finest restaurants anywhere, the staff at this hotel is among the best I have ever experienced. This all comes from the presence of their fairly new General Manager along with his Director of Operations who insist that the customer always comes first. I have yet to find another hotel that has the kind of consistent commitment to their clientele as the Walnut Creek Marriott. From the valet staff learning your name to the personal greetings you always get as you walk in, no place feels like home as much as this hotel. Atrio, their hotel bar and restaurant turns out food that rivals some of the top local restaurants making it a desirable choice to eat in on any given night. If you are traveling on business or vacationing in the San Francisco area, this is the place to stay. If you are looking for a comfortable place in a beautiful suburb, walking distance from great shops and restaurants that is close to Napa, San Francisco and Oakland without the high price and congestion, the Walnut Creek Marriott is the place to be.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

this was a very bad trip .. There was a fire alarm evacuation at midnite ....with no explaination , they charged me for a movie we didn't finish watching because of the alarm .The Breakfast buffett area had dirty carpet and unwiped tables !!! just over all a bad nite for me and my wife too get away .And then the noise from humming heaters and air conditioners ...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cornell T
Eddie A, General Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

I would be more than happy to discuss the poor experience you had at our Marriott and also take off any charges that you feel should be adjusted. The fire alarm that went off was from a pull station on one of the guest floors and could not be silenced until we completed an investigation of the entire floor and had approval from the fire department. We made one announcement over the PA system because it was past 11pm at that time and most of the guests just wanted to get back to sleep. I covered your concerns about the restaurant with the Executive Chef and the Restaurant Manager along with the AM crew and it is not acceptable at any time. The AC/Heater unit has been adjusted to where it makes little to no noise other than a fan sound. A welcome letter is passed out with my cell number asking for any feedback or phone call and I have a taped message on channel 64 with my cell number also asking for any feedback from anything less than a great stay. Please call me anytime at (317) 965-0400 and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed one night recently. This is my second visit to this property. Last visit was a few years ago. Checked in late and checked out early for a meeting nearby. The room was ready and the bed was comfy. Great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Avrilx
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I typically stay at the "H". As a Diamond member I pretty much only stay at that chain. I decided to stay at this Marriott because they where far cheaper than the "H" in this area and I was on a budget, not wanting to sacrifice any of my travel plans to accommodate the price of my preferred lodging.

I am thoroughly impressed with the Marriott based on my stay here. The staff is all friendly, going above and beyond to make me feel welcome. I had the pleasure of meeting the general manager of the hotel (Ed Adaire) what a wonderful gentleman. He has the respect and adoration of his staff and love of the hotel guests.

Because of my wonderful experience here at this Marriott, I cut up my diamonds reward card and will be staying at Marriots.

If you are in Walnut Creek and looking for a 5 star hotel, stay at this 6 star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!