“Very nice Hotel. Great Staff”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Orlando, Florida
“Very nice Hotel. Great Staff”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great staff who made me feel special. Special Kudos to Deena Sabra @ the front desk. She gave me great service. What a terrific employee! This is the place to stay when in Walnut Creek. Location is great for getting anywhere in Northern California.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Danville
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Not up to Marriott standards. Place is under construction so I gave them a break and added a star. The got rid of parking garage access. Literally no place to park. Staff was great but rooms and facility very rundown. Stay at the Hilton in Danville..5 mile away and MUCH nicer facility with free breakfast and nightly snacks, wine and beer.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John B
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Every time I walked by the front desk I was greeted with a friendly smile and warm welcome. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and transportation. In combination with the beautiful hotel rooms and great food in the restaurant and wonderful people It was an Excellent Experience.

Lathrop, California
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We often stay at nice hotel after a long work week for comfort and relaxation, and to avoid the Friday night commute back to the Central Valley. We thoughtfully chose marriott walnut creek. As we drove up the hotel look the same as their website. It has a Glascow architecture.
Now things get real. As we walked to our room on the forth floor and entered I noticed the bed looked unkept but my husband assured me it was ok. So proceding to wrap up our night I got my husband things ready forbid shower, then mines but before jumping in the shower I attempted to dispose myself as I squat I look at the bowl and to my surprise some hard feces raised, brown and nasty stuck to the bowl.

Called down to the front desk to speak with a manager ASAP. About 10 minutes later housekeeping came up. She ask did we call earlier, around 6 we replied no we've only been here about 30 minutes top. She came in looked at it. The manager looked at it and needed to investigate.

• Stayed March 2014
Eddie A, General Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I am truly sorry that you had a poor experience during your stay at our hotel but I was informed that the manager got involved immediately and responded and has addressed the issue with the room attendant. I was also told that you were compensated for the poor experience and were happy with the compensation. If this is not correct, please call me and we can discuss the issue. We take cleanliness as a very important part of our business and we coach and/or counsel our associates in a case such as yours. Please contact me as soon as possible and I look forward to hearing from you.
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We spent last weekend at the Walnut Creek Marriott with hundreds of high school girls and their parents who were participating in the USA Water Polo Olympic Development Program Regional Championships. Through the weekend the entire staff from the very accessible general manager to housekeeping, reataurant wait, and valet car parking were incredibly friendly and supportive. Every staff person we encountered was 100% committed to making our stay the best it could possibly be. The rooms are a little dated and small but the entire facility is spotless and well maintained. We had two dinners and one breakfast at the Atrio restaurant and it was first class. The standard menu augmented by the bi-weekiy specials is fairly limited but everything we had was excellent. The chefs and wait staff (ask for Dorina if she is working dinners) are very willing to offer suggestions and modify menu items to make sure that you are pleased. They have a band in the bar area on Friday nights that totally rocks. The lead singer looks like John McCain but sings like Axel Rose. He is worth the stay alone. And the great thing for people staying at the hotel is that the band stops at 10 PM so you get a couple of hours of great entertainment but can also get a good night's sleep even if you have an early event planned for Saturday morning. All in all if you are planning a stay in the east bay you won't be disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 19 March 2014

When you first drive in and are met with smiles and friendly faces you know you are at the RIGHT PLACE! I travel quite extensively and stay at hotels that are rated five star as well as lower. The Hotel Staff treats you as if you are the finest family member. With a renovation coming soon this is the GO TO PLACE. I also felt particularly safe as when you first drive in, you are met with an attentive valet service.

Green Features: They are focused on being green. Even that being said, the room was properly lit, unlike many hotels that have the smallest wattage bulb. And that really helps in the bathroom when shaving.
Palo Cedro, CA
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We have stayed at the Marriott Walnut Creek a number of times. It is in a convenient location, easily walkable to BART and downtown. However, this stay, which occurred after being away for a while, was less than satisfactory. The room was noisy (beware of being on the second floor overlooking the garage entry and trash cans) and ventilating system difficult (too hot or too cold). The decor, furnishings, etc are tired and need updating. We'll probably look elsewhere next time we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!