Walnut Creek Marriott
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$178
US$165
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Motel 6 Walnut Creek(Walnut Creek)
US$98
US$133
US$129
US$223
US$208
  • Pool
Diablo Mountain Inn(Walnut Creek)
US$122
Hotels.com
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa(Lafayette)(Great Value!)
US$229
Hotels.com
US$135
Travelocity
HYATT house Pleasant Hill(Pleasant Hill)
US$214
Hotwire.com
Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill(Pleasant Hill)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$153
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskla rosalobby barvalet parkingplatinum membershuttle servicerestaurant staffbart stationthe entire stafffree shuttlechecking invalet staffthe general managergreat customer servicethe east baysan francisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2008

We spent one night here for a conference before moving to the Sir Francis Drake in San Francisco for the remainder of our trip. Overall, the value was pretty tough to beat. I would reccomend this hotel. Be forewarned that the temperature in Walnut Creek and the temperature in San Francisco can be over 30 degrees different. It was 105 when we were there when it was 72 in San Fran on the very same day.

The good: a very clean hotel and room; relatively spacious rooms; nice amentities; good size bathroom; food; conference support staff; valet parking was not super expensive $13 vs. $45 in San Fran; refrigerator brought to our room upon request.

The not so good: view from the room was of scafolding and no view of anything worthwhile; despite request for featherless room our comforter was down.

The bad: nothing

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2008

Every time I stay here, there's some major problem. I'm not talking about small annoyances or personal preference issues-- I mean major problems. First time, the valet parking smashed up my car (I posted a review in 2006). Luckily it was a rental and I had signed up for the insurance! Second time, I woke up with the worst back pain of my life due to the ridiculously soft beds. This time, after a late arrival, I went immediately to bed. A couple hours later, in the dead of night, I woke up shivering. Although I had set the room thermostat to 75 degrees, a cold wind was blowing steadily from the vent. I reset the thermostat to 80, but no luck. I tried turning the thing off, no luck. I finally buried myself under two beds worth of comforters, and managed to sleep. By morning, the temp in my room was 55! A call to the front desk brought up a maintenance guy, who remarked that some of the a/c units are busted, and they'll often just pull the valves to give either all hot or all cold air, depending on what kind of complaint they get. Anyway, the maintenance guy was helpful, and promised to actually repair the unit during the day (which he did, the second night the thing worked fine). What's left to say, the place is subpar even without the major issues. At a price around $150, at least give me a refrigerator. At least give me a lot to park my car without having to use the valet. At lest give me free internet hookup. I mean, aren't these standard items at most quality hotels? The other reviews here tell the story. It's not a dump or anything, but for a Marriott and for the price paid, I expect a higher standard.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank tinadam
GUESTFEEDBACK, DIRECTOR - SALES & MARKETING at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2008

We appreciate this guest's comments, and we are reaching a higher standard with our hotel. We have just finished a multi million dollar renovation that includes all of our guestrooms, and replacing those a/c units that did not always function properly. We have purchased a satellite parking lot that is a block from the hotel for those guests who want a self parking option. That parking lot should be available for use by late Summer. We also do get many positive comments about the comfort of our new beds.

Reviewed 23 January 2008

Was at this hotel for a wedding. They have a shuttle that takes you w/in 3 miles. Upon calling the shuttle from the BART station, the front desk informed me that the driver was out to lunch. After a bit of insistence, he showed up. The rooms were partially renovated--they had new bathrooms and new beds. But most of the furniture was old.

The resturant was terrible--$10 for the worst chicken sandwich I had ever had.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 14 January 2008

The "valets" were more interested in my car, than helping with my bags, which seemed to be typical. When I got my car back, it was covered in leaves, so obviously it wasn't parked in the garage. Apparently meeting users have priority over guests.

The food is limited, and mediocre at best. The concierge lounge was okay, but not as good as Sheraton's or Hilton's, and not worth the prestige they make it out to be. The valet service almost forces you to eat in the hotel, or take a cab elsewhere.

The room was comfortable accept the thermostat didn't seem to work they way you'd think it would. It was either too warm or too cold, and the water had little pressure and little hot water.

I've stayed here several times because my work is a block away, but I can't stand being a prisoner any more. I'm going to Pleasant Hill for lodging.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank sfencer
Reviewed 13 November 2007

Booked several rooms. WOrked out arrangements beforehand. When it came time to check in they didn't even know we had reservations. It took an hour to have them acknowledge we had rooms. In the end they checked some in and later gave their room away, never gave us adjoining rooms as we worked out, couldn't tell us who was already booked into what room but rather gave us 6 keys to 6 rooms and said that's all they could do. Needless to say room charges were all wrong.

One room went unutilized because party had given up by the time it was available.

The front desk staff was clueless and the manager had absolutely no more insight into how to solve the situation.

Stayed: November 2007