“Stay at the Walnut Creek Marriott”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is one of the best Marriotts around for all-around amenities. The General Manager is the best GM I have met in my 30 years of travel, and the concierge lounge is great!!! The staff is like family to me as I have been staying there regularly for the last seven years, and off and on before that for the last 20 years. The excercise room is excellent, and the restaurant and lounge are also great as well as the servers there.

Room Tip: Get the 4th floor or higher. Concierge lounge is on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark K

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The lady that worked the breakfast service was amazing I believe her name was Soundi. Great service and extremely friendly! She was always seeing what everyone needed to me more at home. The hotel is lucky to have her.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at the Walnut Creek Marriott because we were having work done at our home. We chose this Marriott over others in the area because we would be very comfortable and enjoy a warm welcome. The staff at this Marriott is what sets the hotel apart. The staff is warm, welcoming and are the best example of hospitality. The personel in the restaurant treated us like family (the ones who like you). I can only assume the manager of this Marriott is a personable and hospitable person because that is who he has chosen to work in the hotel. The rooms are comfortable, clean and the bed enhances a good night sleep. All these reasons are why we chose this Marriott for the guests at our daughter's wedding several years ago.

Room Tip: There are no fabulous views at this location but the rooms are comfortable and very clean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I travel a lot for business and for pleasure. I usually stay at different hotels, but I always try to stay at a Marriott if I can. The Marriott at Walnut Creek had a wonderful staff and facilities were great. Keep up the good work guys

1  Thank Walter P
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently spent a night in the Marriott in WC and it was awesome! As someone visiting from Minneapolis I truly appreciated how easy it was to take bart and call a shuttle 5 minutes later you are in your hotel room.

After dinner in WC I was able to hang out with some friends in the bar/lounge area. The staff was wonderful and they got out of their way to accommodate all of our needs.

I already know where I'm staying next time I'm in town

1  Thank PFreyre
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at the marriot this past weekend and everything was as expected. The restaurant and lounge service is excellent as well as the overall hotel experience.
The staff was very attentive. I utilized the Valet Parking service and the staff was always polite and fast to attend.
I would highly recommend this Marriot Walnut Creek to a friend.
Location was easy to find and to access.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for one night with my husband (who stays here when he travels for work) and our teenage son.

We arrived a bit on the early side for check-in (Noon). The first room we were given was directly next to the highway and was terribly noisy (and had an odd angular shape). I knew immediately that this room was not going to work for me (a light sleeper). My husband called the front desk to get a new room and was put on hold on the phone for well over five minutes only to be told that they would call him when they located a new room (he never received this call). An hour later, after returning from lunch, I asked the gentleman at the front desk about the status of the new room. He was very helpful and immediately gave us a new room. Problem solved! Why wasn't my husband able to resolve this issue over the phone? This was frustrating.

Our new room overlooking the parking lot was significantly quieter. Unfortunately the Wi-Fi did not work even though IT staff were sent to our room to solve the problem. We saw the IT staff continuing on to neighboring rooms, so apparently we were not the only guests on that floor having this problem.

To park here, you must use the valet. There is no other option. This might be fine for the typical business guest, but for a family who was coming and going throughout the day, this was not convenient.

All of the staff we encountered in person (maid, front desk, concierge lounge) were very friendly. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the parking lot if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!