“Friendliest hotel in walnut Creek !”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Chicago, Illinois
“Friendliest hotel in walnut Creek !”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is one of the friendliest hotels in Walnut creek ! I have been staying here off and on for the past 6 months and have yet to find any one who is not committed to customer service ! For Marriott members, this has the best concierge level ! I was surprised when Hotel GM personally asked my opinion about their menu and have been instrumental in providing healthy options.

Some rooms could use bit of an upgrade but I understand they are doing gradual renovations....plus the hotel staff is always willing to help with specific room requests.

Initially I was not entirely happy about the parking situation but Valet staff's professionalism has me sold on their approach here.....I am happy to hand my car keys to the friendly guys & gals and they have my car ready within minutes of calling their number ! Although there is also free parking across the street !

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with the view of Mount Diablo ! these are quieter and have beautiful sunshine in the m...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
chico,ca
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here because it was free with points, there are better values in the area. The staff are friendly and helpful, rooms clean and comfortable. Parking is valet and pricey, but you can park on the street or at BART for much less. The pool area had caution tape across one side and the steps to it were crumbling.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank catravlerChico_ca
Holice T, Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay and sharing your experience. We value all feedback and take our guests concerns to heart, we are committed to taking immediate steps to correct and make changes where needed to ensure our guest’s needs are met. We have started our renovation with a completion date of 2015, giving our guest a brand new look and a brand new Marriott.

We are not unlike all of the full service hotels in the city of Walnut Creek; they all charge a fee for parking; valet and self. Our goal is to give our guest great service and not nickel and dime anyone. The pool area is under some needed construction addressing all areas including the stais but nothing to inconvenience our guest from enjoying the pool or sunning poolside.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to respond to your concerns
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Both my wife and I stayed at the Mariott in Walnut creek, Ca a few months ago. Of course it was a great hotel and our room was terrific. I just wanted to point out that we were helped by the front desk manager, Gustavo. He was very professional and was extremely informative with any questions we had regarding our stay. If only all hotel managers had this type of positive and helpful attitude while helping customers. It was a pleasure. Keep up the good work.

John

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 18 June 2014

First I want to offer, that I was not asked to write this review, the impetus was simple, I have experienced some of the best all-around customer service I have ever experienced at any hotel or resort world-wide. I had some free time and thought the hotel and Manager(s) who are fostering this environment needed some recognition.

Most of the time when you go to any full or limited service hotel you may experience a great front desk staff, but poor restaurant service, or vice versa. Or you may get a surly front desk staff, but great housekeeping, or vice versa. However, every department and staff person at this hotel has been amazingly fantastic, and not just friendly, but professional, knowledgeable and helpful. The valet service team is great; friendly, fast and personable. I can’t even say enough about the front desk staff, they are some of the most friendly and professional people I have ever encountered. The rooms are amazingly clean. Always. The restaurant staff is also just on top of it, no attitude, professional and always deliver a “high-touch” experience with some very good food.

The entire staff, across all departments deliver on some of the highest customer service standards I have encountered. As a qualifier I travel a lot, for business, personal and vacation. I have stayed at a couple of high-end resorts along with a myriad of different hotels across the United States this past year and this has been the most pleasant and surprising experience. It’s not like there was just one great experience at the front desk and then it all fell apart from there. I have been staying here off and on for the past three weeks and at every point of contact the experience is excellent.

Not all rooms are equal so I can’t help you there, but the food in restaurant is great, all departments are some of the best, exceeding what I often experience in a Five Star setting. I commend you all at the Marriott, Walnut Creek. Keep up the great work and thank you for having me!

Warmly,
Kingston/Khan Party

Room Tip: All rooms are great, some are smaller than others. Upgrade if you can. But all rooms have many ame...
Green Features: Great! Although I may not be entirely familiar with the practices.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tahoe
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The combination of being just too far away to walk to much of anything, along with mandatory valet parking creates a significant inconvenience that is not really mitigated by the presence of a shuttle. The rooms are tired, and nothing special to begin with. The breakfast buffet is very nice, though, and the lobby/bar area is appealing -- a good place to watch a ball game or to catch weekend live music. The staff were all very good. There are other local hotels in the same price range with better rooms and free parking within walking distance of a variety of dining options, so I'm unlikely to return in the absence of a significant discount.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Scotts Valley, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Highway 680 was right outside my window on the 3rd floor level. they provide a white noise machine, but the sound if traffic is, well, what you would expwct being literally spitting distance to the freeway. Great staff, nice rooms otherwise.

• Stayed May 2014
Eddie A, General Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
We are slated for a 9 million dollar renovation and will address the issues of the noisy rooms. The owner of the hotel is committed to addressing all of the issues and we have a plan to complete this over the next 16 months. We hand out an arrival letter to all guests with my cell phone on it so I can react to any issue that arises and I hope that you will give me a call at (317) 965-0400 to discuss.
Livermore, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Really nice towels, bathroom amenities, beds, bedding, and pillows. Standard Marriott LG TVs with the bothersome menu system that makes simply wanting to watch cable TV inconvenient every time you turn the TV on and off.

The nickel and diming here is what is so bothersome. There is no excuse these days for not offering some form of in room free internet access, unless the hotel's web site puts that information in large print in several spots on its website. Even after I checked in, I couldn't figure out whether there was a free option (like there is in thousands of other Marriott hotels), or whether I was just missing something. The 100 page guest information binder in the room (that we all love to plow through) just says "choose an option after you connect". Every option I could see involves a payment. Really? Why not install pay toilets? Just be sure to wait until after the guest checks in before letting the guest "choose an option."

Then there is the parking. Valet parking is $20 and what is described as non-valet parking is a 10 minute walk to the hotel. So, essentially, there is only valet parking. Does anyone expect this in a suburban community like Walnut Creek? If you come and go a lot from the hotel, valet parking is horribly inconvenient unless you can walk everywhere. The real shortcoming of the parking problem is the location of the hotel. Knowing that walking to restaurants and shopping is impractical, you are told at check-in that the hotel offers a free shuttle to any location in Walnut Creek. Seriously? By the time I check in, I'm fatigued and completely uninterested in figuring out how to use a hotel shuttle, irrespective of whether it is free. Plan on staying in your room, or always budgeting extra time for your car to be fetched by the parking staff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SJFSJF
I have reviewed your posting on trip advisor and hope that you find a couple of minutes to call me on my cell phone to discuss your experience at (317)965-0400. We do have FREE internet in the lobby of the hotel and offer free internet to our Marriott Rewards members. The parking lot at the hotel has very tight parking spots and is a bit complicated when trying to self park. We do however allow guests to park for free in our employee lot and yes it is across the street next to the Bentley dealership but a free option none the less.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!