“Wouldn't have stayed if it wasn't for the convince of location.”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Doha
“Wouldn't have stayed if it wasn't for the convince of location.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have to admit, starting our vacation in this hotel, was not what I was expecting from Marriott.
Yes, it is a typical business hotel BUT you can tell the "age" by now.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room was small and demonstrated its age.
Breakfast was ok but not outstanding so that we decided to eat outside of the hotel.
I wouldn't have stayed there but our relatives lived closer to this Marriott hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank qatar2008
Eddie A, General Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
The hotel has begun a full renovation starting with the ballroom and elevators then we will be one of the first Marriott's to have the newest guest room package that was just approved by the design team at Marriott. I will be more than happy to make an adjustment to your account or add points if you would be kind enough to call me.

Sincerely, Eddie Adair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The room was very clean and like most Marriotts very quiet.
I was very appreciative of the very friendly and attentive staff.
I ordered breakfast and dinner for in room dining. The food was very good!!
The roasted artichoke is possibly the best appetizer I have ever had. The breakfast was
Very hearty with perfect bacon. Breakfast was delivered at the beginning of the 15 minute window.

The valet is $20 per night, there is off site parking but I did not see where it was.
Of course you still pay for internet.

All said, this was a very good experience and I would return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Last year we stay with you after we got married and we enjoyed it so much we came back.
This time my Husband's Daughter was getting married. We had a enjoyable relaxing stay and I could have ask for any better Front Desk employees , they were very nice and helpful specially Chelsea, Shah, Alesandro and Dimhry. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This staff is wonderful! They helped with directions, things to do, took care of any issues that came up during our 3 night stay, and were just overall a friendly and competent team! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this area!

P.S. Give Shah a raise! This gentleman is one of the finest hoteliers I've met in a while! Friendly and competent!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the nearby hill/mountains!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew H
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was there for 2 day for a business conference. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful. The room & hotel was spotless. Everything was clean & new. The staff went out of their way to help me. They actually printed me custom directions on how to get around on the BART, rather than just handing me a map. A front desk gentlemen went out of his at 11pm at night to help print my boarding pass in the business center. The most OUTSTANDING employee was Julio, the shuttle driver. Friendly, courteous and on the ball. Although the shuttle stops at 10:30 pm, he went out of his way, on his personal time & picked me up from the BART at approx. 10:50pm because I got back late from San Francisco. I was extremely grateful. The staff definitely makes this hotel worth the money. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
BMWisetta
Reviewed 13 July 2014

As a regular business traveler I was very disappointed in this hotel. So many things. While I was discussing this with the manager, 4 other people where at the front desk complaining. I get the feeling this hotel is better suited to people who do not normally stay at hotels.

The staff really tried to make up for the hotel and it's policies (like no self parking, toilettes that don't flush, food on par with Denny's), but it's not enough to make me want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BMWisetta
Holice T, Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hello BMWisetta,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. Please accept my sincere apology for your unsatisfactory stay. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests have an exceptional experience and to meet their needs; unfortunately we did not meet yours.

Yes there is a fee for parking, but there is a fee associated with every full service hotel in the area, self and valet. When you run a 24 hour 7 days a week business, something will breakdown but you should never have to experience any inconvenience as our guest. A large majority of our guest are business travelers but we also have seasoned leisure travelers with the same expectations and we want to gain yours and their trust by giving you an exceptional stay. I have addressed your concerns with the total hotel to ensure this will not happen in the future and I thank you for allowing me this opportunity to respond.
Davis, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our daughter's wedding was in Walnut Creek and since we live over an hour away we stayed at the Marriott. We reserved the bridal suite and a number of rooms for the bridal party and out of town guests. The service was impeccable! Everyone we interacted with from the front counter, maids, shuttle drivers and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The shuttle service transported to the rehearsal dinner in downtown Walnut Creek and back which was very convenient. After the wedding, we returned to the hotel and hung out in the lounge which was still open and a great place to gather with friends and family. Thank you Marriott for making the weekend so enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!