“Supported the troops”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We came down for a training with the army. We had a very long hectic day and it was nice to check in fast and Chealsea from the food staff was very understanding and ensured that the restaurant stayed open later so we could have a good meal. Thank you it's the little thing that mean the most.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have never been treated as well before in any hotel! Arriving late, Chelsea, who worked in the dining area, ensured that all of our party received fast service before the kitchen closed. With a constant smile on her face she welcomed us and treated us very well! All of the staff were polite and we're determined to go above and beyond to serve us! Hats off also to the GM, Eddie Adair, who greated us and showed a great example to his staff of how to treat customers!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome staff. Chelsey was fabulous. She kept the food service area open for late arrivals. I would recommend this place to everyone. She did an excellent job serving our unit late at night when she didn't have too. Thank you!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We held a three-day event at this property in the Spring. This was one of several events in different locations. Staff at this property were by far the most present and helpful staff of any we have worked with. They did much of the detailed planning and support that we have always done at other properties. They thoughtfully considered time constraints, traffic flow and provided staff to direct traffic getting our participants from one room to another. They checked-in with us throughout the day to see if anything was needed and if the event was on schedule. The AV Staff at Dobil were equally impressive, being present and quickly responding to our needs. It is clear that this staff feels the success of your event is a reflection of their service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I am actually writing this review as I am sitting in the hotel room, because I was so impressed with what just occurred. I have a wedding to attend tomorrow, and am planning to wear a black dress that had a deodorant streak or two. As a dry clean only dress, my options were limited. I called down to the front desk to ask if they had baby wipes - as the internet search said this was a great option. They didn't, but the girl at the front desk (I think her name was Tiffany) offered to have the shuttle run down and actually buy some for me - at no charge! She ran through the options with me and patiently tried to find me a solution. Thankfully, we found out facial makeup wipes do the same thing - and the hotel has those on hand. However, the fact that she was willing to send the shuttle, look on the internet to find me a solution, and even try to fix the problem the next morning if need be is well beyond service I have experienced at other hotels - and I travel quite a bit for work! I will always recommend this hotel based on that - plus the reception and customer service I received when I check in. If and when I come back to this area, I wouldn't need to look elsewhere to stay.

And yes, I'm still here writing this - I am THAT impressed and thankful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I travel to this Marriott about once a week for one night at a time for business travel. It's a busy hotel because of its size and proximity to downtown, but it still has a personal feel that makes it a great place to stay. The staff is always welcoming (they even remember my name from week to week), and if you get there by 7pm, you can take advantage of their complimentary wine and cheese offering! Rooms are very nice, comfortable, and clean. My only complaint is that a lot of the rooms are directly adjacent to an apartment building, parking, or the freeway. I've never had noise issues, but there if you're looking for a view; you're not going to get it here.

The lobby restaurant is really great! Staff is amazing and you get complimentary bread, crackers, and hummus with your meal. The food is excellent and they always have creative specials. The hotel also offers a gym which is very small and tucked away in a cramped space; luckily it's not that crowded so it's a decent spot to get in a quick workout. The pool area however needs some work and it does look like they are renovating some of the surrounding areas.

Overall, nice place to stay, the staff is amazing, and the food on-site is a great spot. I plan on staying here as much as I can for my business travels!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mnerius
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at the WC Marriot the other night. The GREAT; Dimetri at the front desk was fantastic, super helpful and went out of his way to make sure we had a comfortable and quiet room. The GOOD; the property was clean and well maintained, centrally located, and the pool and work out rooms about what one would expect. Tha BAD; no one likes the expensive manditory valet parking at $20/day (plus at least a couple of buck tip each time your car goes in and out). It does seem to be the new norm for hotels and I guess until we all stop patronizing there properties it will continue. At the very least we can all let management know we are unhappy with the parking fee, at most we can just stop staying at places that require we pay.
Overall I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for an upper floor quiet room and the front desk staff Dimetri, did a great job of putting...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!