“Very Ordinary and overpriced”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Melbourne, Australia
“Very Ordinary and overpriced”
Reviewed 30 June 2004

I have stayed here a couple of time for business and found it to be very very ordinary for the price. For rates up to $200/night I would expect something much better.

Each room I have had has some problem - such as TV reception, Internet problems, plumbing, lighting etc

The staff are not overly concerned with friendliness or service in my experience. When I couldn't get internet connection that I needed for business, multiple requests resulted in no action to fix the problem.

The downstairs breakfast had a lot of staff walking around but no-one willing to serve - the only place in my travels in the US where I deliberately did not leave a tip - just awful.

Last time I stayed there, I asked them to arrange a shuttle bus to Oakland airport for an 11AM flight - one was booked for an 11PM flight!!! This did not surprise me.

I have stayed at many Marriott hotels - this is by far the worst value-for-money. I wouldn't wish to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2003, travelled on business
9 Thank MaxShiraz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Walnut Creek Marriott

Property: Walnut Creek Marriott
Address: 2355 N Main St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596-3544
Region: United States > California > Walnut Creek
#1 Business Hotel in Walnut Creek
#4 Family Hotel in Walnut Creek
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Walnut Creek Marriott 3.5*
Our newly renovated hotel is just 2 blocks from the Walnut Creek BART station and convenient to San Francisco, Oakland and the rest of the Bay area. A premier green-certified hotel in downtown Walnut Creek, guests are sure to enjoy our outdoor pool, spa tub, on-site fitness center, business center, fresh cuisine at 'Atrio Restaurant and 17,500 square feet of banquet space. Visit our beautiful hotel and experience comfortable living with many convenient amenities. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Walnut Creek Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Walnut Creek Marriott Hotel Walnut Creek