“July Visit to Walnut Creek”

Walnut Creek Marriott
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Jupiter, Florida
“July Visit to Walnut Creek”
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Good location in Walnut Creek with easy access to roads into Sonoma to the north, from Yosemite to the southeast, and to San Francisco as well as quick acces to BART into the city. Parking was free, although on a busy weekend night some of our party arrived back to the hotel too late to park onsite and the alternate parking was approximately half a block away. Although apparently safe, my sister and her girlfriend expressed concern about walking that distance if they had been alone. On both nights we stayed, we were able to self-park onsite in the attached garage; on the second night we obtained one of the last parking spots in the employee section of the garage since our rental car was small enough to fit into a somewhat tight space. We were directed to the space by one of the Marriott parking lot staff. From that person, to the front desk, to the bar staff, the Marriott personnel were professional and made our two night vsit very pain free and easy. The room was fairly large, clean, well-furnished, with a nice kingbed and flatscreen tv. There was no free internet, however. Overall, we could find little fault with the hotel. It was a great stay using the room as a base from a Friday evening through a mid-Sunday checkout to visit different areas around Walnut Creek.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
US
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Friendly, efficient staff, nice lobby. Clean room ,very nice bedding. Pleasant walk to downtown, with nice selection of restaurants and shops. Very close to BART. Parking not a problem, and we had two cars. Wifi access costs 10 dollars a day. All in all, I enjoyed my stay

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank timidtravelerUs
Stockton, CA
Reviewed 21 February 2010

The Marriott Walnut Creek was very nice when we stayed. It offered a very comfortable room and was very convienently located in Walnut Creek. They had a pool & spa and restaurant.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stockton95207
Sonoma, CA
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We stayed for one night. There were no parking issues, so that must be fixed. (There was a nice self-park garage attached to the hotel.) We paid an extra $25 for breakfast for two. It was a better than average buffet that costs $14 on the menu. Very good, but not great. We LOVED that they shuttle you within three miles. We had them drop us off downtown so we could shop and have wine. It was fun. Driver was very helpful. Room was fine. As others have posted, this is not the top of the line Marriott, but it definately has the Marriott feel to it. The only real issue we had is that the shower head was mounted too low and there wasn't much water pressure. We had a nice stay though and would go back.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovingsonoma
Visalia, CA
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I read the reviews about this hotel after I "named my own price" on Priceline. Let's just say I wasn't looking forward to the ridiculous parking situation. When I arrived at the hotel I was surprised to find out that they were offering onsite self-parking minus the valet fees and inconvenient 5 minute walk to their off-site location. Besides that, the stay was great! Friendly staff, great location and clean rooms.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Location: The location is a great because it's near the BART line, and near enough to downtown Walnut Creek that if you like to walk, you can do so. It's about a mile. I love that they provide a complimentary shuttle to take guests to nearby area. This is crucial as we shopped at Broadway Plaza and needed a lift back to the hotel.

Value: The value was good because I booked the room for a little under $100/night for 4 nights and I thought that was a really good bargain. I love to earn my Marriott pts and just attained Elite status, so this was a great value stay for us.

Room: The room is standard and I found the bathroom to be smaller than other hotels I stayed at. Mostly the tub is kinda small and not that special. They do have a nice big Kohl shower head. They provide bath & body works shampoo & conditioner and lotion and mouthwash (nice!) and these shoe mitts.

Bed: Great bed as expected. Probably the reason I became an elite member because I appreciate that they provide a comfortable bed. I can't stand lumpy weird beds because I love my sleep.

Cleanliness: They do keep the room very tidy & clean, so no complaints there. They changed my sheets after 3 nights of stay. Definitely appreciated that.

Friendliness: The staff is friendly in person, but not very professional on the phone. The really friendly staff was the drivers of the shuttle.

Food: I will recommend that if you can get food elsewhere, you skip the hotel restaurant. The food at the hotel is not particularly good and they charge you quite a lot. Also, they sneak their gratuity (20%) into the bill and then have another line that says gratuity which if you don't pay attention, you will tip again. I don't particularly care for these types of dishonest tactics. There's plenty of really good places to eat in downtown WC and I recommend those for both tasty food and savings.

Fitness: They do have a gym (smallish), but have all the equipment and looks well maintained. They have a small (I mean really small) outdoor pool. I would not recommend swimming here.

WIFI: It's free in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Avrilx
Seattle
Reviewed 22 November 2009

If you're in Walnut Creek (BART access to San Fran / Close to Napa) this hotel is ok. I stayed here at $104 per night on corporate rate.

Parking garage is terrible so expect to drive around until somebody leaves. Never had to stay at the offsite garage, but came close. Hotel is very close to BART station but was lazy so I still drove. Breakfast buffet was ok/standard. Hotel staff was standard. Everything just standard. Would stay here again, but stay in the Marriott in Napa if you are on a wine adventure.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!