“Best place to stay in Walnut Creek”

Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Walnut Creek, California
“Best place to stay in Walnut Creek”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Everything about the hotel is wonderful -- spotless, well-maintained rooms; terrific people; extensive breakfast choices; readily available business center and convenient location. M-F daytime shuttle service and warm, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies top my list.

For long-term accommodations, hotel manager Steve professionally fulfills your requests. The staff makes you feel welcome every time you walk through the lobby. Many thanks to Donna, Ed, Jairo, Luis, Margaret, Mike, Mitch, Rafael, & Silvia.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear SY,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I will share with all of the staff, especially the staff you mentioned that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and memorable. Thank you again.

Steve Dodaro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Fontana, California
Reviewed 23 August 2012

this is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel. and we have nothing but good to say. The staff is always so warm & welcoming. Our room is always confortable. The breakfast is beyond continental and very good. I love the cinnamon rolls.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Kand BsALT,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and I will share your positive review with the staff. Hope to see you again very soon.

Steve Dodaro
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed for 5 nights over a wedding/family visit. They accommodated our family to be all on the same floor with out rooms. They were cleaned beyone expectation each day. Room service, maintenance, front desk, food service were all courteous and friendly. No issues with the rooms at all, the breakfast was great! The workers there really took an effort to make it special. Lots of choices and fresh. Even a pancake machine! The lobby and outdoor area were great for chatting with family and friends and never over crowded. The pool and whirlpool tub were separated. The pool was outdoor and had a bit of scum/dirty water, but just leaves, etc. The hot tub was great. Also served lemon water outside with extra pool towels as well. It was an easy experience without any issues, lots of local places (Fuddruckers, Target) close for family needs. Parking in lot and below in garage with several elevator access points. No complaints!

Room Tip: First level gives you straight access to pool and outdoor sitting area (as well as breakfast area).
Dear 377TeresaR

Thank you for your glowing review about your experience at The Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek. It appears the staff did a great job taking care of your needs and you really enjoyed your stay. The staff will be sp pleased that all of the hard work paid off in making your stay enjoyable and comfortable. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your review and we hope to see you soon.

Steven Dodaro
Brussels
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

the hotel is as good as the oven reviews suggest but could be improved in 2 ways. The swimming pool could be cleaned more often and the coffee available in the breakfast room needs to be rather stronger; I was not the only 1 to comment on how weak it was.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Simhampton, thank you so much for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with the staff. We are looking into other options in regards to coffee and we have reviewed the pool cleanliness schedules. Thanks again for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek and providing us with you valued feedback. We hope to see you soon.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Recently we stayed at the Walnut Creek Holiday Inn Express as a central point for exploring San Francisco and Oakland Ca. The hotel is a half mile from the Point Pleasant BART and a half mile from the Walnut Creek BART which made transportation a breeze. I was traveling with my 12 year old son and my 20 son so I was originally looking for a room with two beds and a rollaway bed. When I booked on-line with the help of a Holiday Inn Express rep she said no problem with the bed arrangement however getting to the hotel they could not set up the rollaway bed with the room with two dbl beds because of the fire code. They did offer the suggestion of using a king bed and rollaway which worked out fine, The staff was very helpful for providing alternative arrangements. The only suggestion that I would give to the hotel is start serving breakfast at 6am instead of 6:30 since we had to leave early to make a boat trip on the bay and I planned to get breakfast first at the hotel thus we had to make a stop somewhere else to grab a bite to eat. Not a big deal. Overall a very nice place to stay...

Room Tip: Be aware that you cannot use a rollaway bed in room with two dbl beds because of the fire code.
1 Thank jrc451
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed here last weekend and had a roller coaster of an experience. The first night we were in room 243. When we checked into the room we had a few various issues that we just rolled with. For example the bathroom door would not shut unless you slammed it ridiculously hard, the toilet wouldn't flush at times, and I made the mistake of opening up our fridge only to have gross odors from an open carton of milk seep out into the room.

When we got back to our room that first night and got in bed we heard a bass sound bumping. We tried to ignore it (I acknowledge that I am a light sleeper) but when I couldn't fall asleep after a while I went out front (thinking it was a car playing music below us in the parking lot). At that point a very nice woman at the reception desk informed me that it was the club across the street. She informed me that their doors were open, but the music would stop at 2am. I asked for ear plugs and she graciously provided me with a pair. I think I eventually fell asleep at 2am- leaving me tired and grumpy the whole next day :(

That next morning, I decided I was going to request a different room on the other side of the property- knowing I couldn't handle another late night of club music. As I was getting ready in the bathroom the large pipe under the sink started leaking. We threw some towels under it and decided to hurry and finish getting ready then try to switch to another room. Several minutes later I heard a thud noise and when I walked in the bathroom the entire floor was flooded. The whole pipe had literally fallen off. We quickly got our things and hurried down to the front desk.

The man we spoke to at the front desk was nice and agreed to move us to another room that a) didn't face the club and b) had a functioning sink. I have to say that our new room was much better. It was cleaner and had an appropriately functioning restroom.

If you stay at this hotel I would recommend that you definitely request a pool-facing room and avoid room 243! With those specifications, we might give things another try because the hotel is located close to our family we visit.

2 Thank DSmith513902
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. Our team truly values guest opinions and we use these to enhance the guest experience. We are sorry to hear that your experience was unsatisfactory. Our staff addressed all the issues mentioned in your review and next time in the area please feel free to call me directly, I will be more than happy to assist with a different location.
Best regards,
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Rooms were clean. The space in the bathroom was larger than average and the room was very comfortable. The view was scenic - revealing a beautifully landscaped inner court. The complimentary barbecue on Wednesday evenings was tasty. A walking path was close by. The staff were friendly and very helpful especially the breakfast crew, Janus and Tony. I would highly recommend their services.

Room Tip: Corner rooms were larger.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!