“Great Customer Care”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Clara, CA
“Great Customer Care”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked this hotel as I planned to run the Walnut Creek Half Marathon on Saturday December 14, 2013. While doing my usual training run, I strained my calf....just two days before. I didn't want to re-injure my calf further by running the Half Marathon race, and called Central Reservations to see if I could cancel my Pre-Paid Reservation. Central Reservations advised that my reservation could not be cancelled. However, they recommended I contact the hotel to explain my situation. I explained the situation to the Front Desk at this hotel, The Front Desk was kind enough to credit my deposit, even though they didn't have to. It is obvious that this hotel cares about Customer Satisfaction! I plan to see how my leg feels tomorrow....and still might stay at this hotel and do the shorter 5K run. Thank You Walnut Inn Express Walnut Creek.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Karlmarek:
Thanks for your business and kind feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review about your recent experience. We hope you a fast recovery and hope to see you at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Have been a long time Marriott customer, stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in WC for the first time on business and would seriously consider switching. Great hotel, service was impeccable...the manager Luis was very accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Chertpong C:
Thank you so much for such a positive review about your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek. We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed our services and hotel. We will pass on your kind comments to the staff and to Luis for recognition. Thanks again for your business and review and we hope to see you back soon.
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We went to an office party in Walnut Creek and found this hotel online. The check-in process was quick. Hubby was able to find parking in front so we didn't use the garage. Used taxis to/from the party so didn't lose spot.

Room was nice. Loved the king-sized bed although it was a bit high. Water pressure in shower was a bit lacking. Didn't like that the heater didn't have a thermostat so it was either on or off and if you left it on too long, the room got too warm.

Breakfast was good. Liked the choices available.

Green Features: Liked that we were given the option of reusing linen/towels if we were there for more than one night.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Tlkittycat:
Thank you for honoring our hotel with your the pleasure of your visit. I also want to thank you for your kind review, sorry about the little noise from the heating unit. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new beds, our hot breakfast and the friendly service. We hope next time in Walnut Creek you visit us again. Thanks again and I wish you Happy Holidays.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel is a bit of distance from some of the more interesting aspects of Walnut Creek, but walking distance to the Bart station. The shuttle driver was awesome. There is no shuttle on the weekends and it ends early on the weekdays. Across the street from the hotel there is a trail that will take you all the way to the outdoor kind of upscale shopping center. I think it was called the Broadway Plaza. The biggest drawback about the hotel was the breakfast! Getting a taxi was funny because if you called ahead of time they were often late or did not come until calling trying to find out where they were! However if you just planned a bit of extra time and called a taxi when needed they came quickly. The longest I waited was about ten minutes.

• Stayed November 2013
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Kialin:
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for your review. We appreciate your business and taking the time to provide us with such a nice review. thank you for pointing out our fabulous shuttle driver 'Mike", isn't he wonderful. We try to provide excellent service to all of our guests and we love to hear always about good results. Thanks again and we hope you visit us again soon.
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Courteous staff. We use this hotel for business travel in the area. Our employees are made comfortable and are repeat customers. The hotel is convenient to the places we needed to be working and the pricing very good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Christine F
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Christine F:
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide with a nice review about your recent experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you back sometime soon. Thanks again
Carlsbad, California, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had been traveling throughout Central and Northern California for more than a week, staying with friends in private homes along the way, so I welcomed the break to stay in my own private room for my only one night stay in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek was a perfect choice. The front desk staff was professional, courteous and very helpful. My 2nd floor room was perfect. Everything - - ice, vending machines, great pizza delivered to my room on time, fitness center, TV, free Wi-Fi, late afternoon cookies in the lobby, and especially the complimentary breakfast - - could not have been better. Whenever I return to the East Bay - - business or pleasure - - I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek.

David Brudney

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear David B:
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your kind comments abour your recent experience. We appreciate the time to provided us with such a positive 5 star review. We hope you visit us again next time in Walnut Creek. Thanks!
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed 17 November 2013

When I arrived I found out my company booked my reservation stay 1 night off from what it should have been. I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't for Silvia at the front desk going out of her way to help straighten it all out for me. She was extremely helpful! I noticed she was working the front desk alone, and even when it became busy with other guests checking in, she was still working on my situation while helping them. Wonderful customer service! This was my first stay here, but it is now my new favorite hotel when I travel for business!

• Stayed November 2013
Steve D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Mauimermaid5:
Thank you for staying with us and for your 5 star review about your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that Silvia provided you with superior service. We look forward to your next visit to Walnut Creek. Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!