All reviews underground parking front desk cinnamon rolls biscuits and gravy breakfast room chick fil wednesday night hour fitness soy milk free breakfast road noise would stay here again yogurt san francisco nice lobby nice breakfast minute drive
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I have stayed at this hotel three times over the past year when I visit Walnut Creek for work. The hotel is clean, quiet, in a good location, and the rooms are nice. The decor is modern and attractive and there is plenty of ground level and underground parking.

Room Tip: I have stayed here three times and all the rooms were good.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Cynthia T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear TravelFanaticJGM,

Thank you so much for your review positive of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our Newly Remodeled Hotel. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again when you are back in the Walnut Creek area.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Comfy bed. Room was clean. They have bath and body works toiletries a plus for those who dont bring their own. Breakfast was good. Location is by food and gas stations.Front counter staff was friendly. Only bad thing was we were told free parking but got charged for it as one of the fees. Parking was in a nice under ground garage.

Stayed: August 2018
Cynthia T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Michelle J;

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations with us and the free hot breakfast and friendly staff. It's something our staff takes great pride in our newly renovated hotel, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We frequently stay at this Holiday Inn Express as it is very close to my son's college. He attends St. Mary's College in Moraga and this is a great close place to stay! This was our first time back since the complete remodel was it is very nice! Super clean, great new modern rooms and very appealing! The parking is very easy and the rooms are really accessible. The free breakfast that starts at 7am gets pretty packed right when it opens.. Also, some of the front desk staff seem lacking motivation and work ethic! I have to say, Paris, the manager was on the ball when our room wasn't ready at 4pm. Had he not stepped in and assisted the front desk girl, we would of been waiting another 45 minutes.... Rooms are awesome, prices are reasonable and the location is perfect for us!! We will be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I was a little hesitant at booking this Holiday Inn after reading some of the reviews.
But with me being a Holiday Inn customer for a long time, I am extremely glad that I didn't believe everything that I read. The rooms and the hotel itself was clean. The waitstaff were all friendly and knowledgeable. Special kudos to Gilbert each morning, he said hello to me.
Nevertheless, I did find it awkward that a Holiday Inn Express charges patrons to park at this particular location. There was a little noise around 4am but not from people being loud but from the city picking up trash.
Also Walnut Creek is a great location if you are looking for economical lodging to visit San Francisco.
Overall my experience was great!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Cynthia T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Sharon,

Thank you so much for your five star review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback . We hope you will visit us again when you are back in Walnut Creek..

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel is very nice rooms great grounds great
Staff is unpolished and seemed annoyed with me and others. Not good
For a 4 Star review the front desk staff was disappointing
One gentleman in particular
His voice and mannersim conveyed he was annoyed
Not sure being at the front desk is a good place
For him

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Cynthia T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear dynodlana,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards and this issue will be addressed. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.