“Outstanding hotel with great location for East Bay San Francisco visit”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We recently spent a weekend visiting San Francisco and could not have been more pleased with this Embassy Suites location. A quick 3 minute walk from the BART, the hotel allowed us to spend a quiet weekend in the Bay Area with easy access to all the wonders that the city has to offer. Could not have been more convenient with access from SFO on one train and a simple train ride to the city each day. Walnut Creek is one stop away which also offers great walking and shopping opportunities with a free trolley ride from the BART stop. The hotel staff is amazing and the breakfast in the AM with the Mgrs reception each evening an added bonus. Clean quiet rooms make this a repeat stay location for sure!

Room Tip: Dont think there is a poor choice to make. All the rooms seem equally great
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenm323
Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 4 February 2012

My wife and I stayed for just over 3 weeks this January, and enjoyed our stay. We arrived to a very warm welcome, and the staff were all very helpful and polite. Our room, facing the Freeway, was quiet and kept very clean . As a long stay customer, our parking was free. Breakfasts were excellent.
The only problem we had was the hotel's method of billing. It authorised various amounts against our Mastercard, which gave rise to an overcharge. But the Front desk supervisor was very helpful in getting the excess cancelled. Apart from that, we would definitely use the Embassy Suites again. One tip - always ask for a room away from the BART railway - it is very noisy on that side of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidB43
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. We pride ourselves in great customer service and appreciate it when it is recognized.

thanks again

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Nice place. Good food . Great service. Room by bart tracks was awful. Stay on freeway side. All else was great

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank fistful_of_dollars
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Our daughter got married on January 15 and we chose Embassy Suites in WC to house our out-of-town guests. Each & every guest raved about the comfortable accomodations, cleanliness, great breakfasts and overall wonderful service! I am so very grateful for making this hotel our choice. I am a travel consultant and only wish that all of my clients would be as pleased as our guests were. I had the pleasure of working with Carmen Hays and she is TOPS!!!
Carol O.

Room Tip: If possibvle, ask for a room at the back of the hotel away from the BART track.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CAROL O
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We love the Embassy Suites in general. This one is an older one in the heart of Walnut Creek CA. The cook to order breakfast, including Mickey Mouse pancakes was fantastic. The rooms are clean and hotel is well kept. the only downside in my mind is the $16 fee to park - it is valet and you have to pay it. There are no other options.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cmalbumqueen
Reviewed 18 January 2012

After my most recent experience at Renaissance across the street, I decided to try out Embassy Suites. My overall stay is average to good. The room is bigger than Renaissance. There's like 3 sinks in the room (one in the "kitchenette" area, one in the bathroom, and one in the bedroom). The sink in the bedroom is really bizzare to me, but whatever. The linens are clean, but you can definitely see the wear and tear of the room. The food at the hotel restaurant is also very average but they give you a free breakfast, so can't beat free. What I like is the Big TV and that there's lots of space to walk around inside the room. Also, the atrium is a nice touch and the staff is friendly. I will probably stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Avrilx
Reviewed 13 January 2012

It's an Embassy Suites. I always like the room size. From there it is a matter of noise level and wear and tear on the hotel. This Embassy Suites had BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit System) out one side of the building and the courtyard area of dining on the other (as always). I was told when I checked in "a room would be ready early", because I was there early. "We had a big group last night..." I really don't like excuses like that because it's not my problem. But she was nice enough about it so, I had lunch in their restaurant when it opened and waited. The restaurant demonstrated good customer service. Everyone helped everyone else (even the cooks in the back came out when needed). The staff asked if they could check on the room if a patron was waiting for one. It was clear that the restaurant staff was trained well to see their role in guest comfort. I liked my food too. But alas, no room so I waited some more in the lobby area (which needs a lot more plugs for those of us waiting and doing work) and waited, while I watched and heard the reconstruction going on to update the place. The front desk person who first checked me in left, and the new shift did not get word I was waiting. I got my room the minute check in time was open. I have no problem getting a room at check-in time, that's what the average hotel does if you are early. Just don't tell me "they are working on getting one earlier" and then drop the ball like that. But that pretty much was the whole experience of the place. Definitely not remarkable overall so I shall remark no further.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the BART side. I don't think that's a problem if you bring earplugs other...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!