We usually love Embassy Suites hotels but this one failed to impress. We called ahead about getting a good room (high floor/away from Bart) and the person on the phone said if we came early we could check in even if the room wasn't available. So we drove 35 minutes before the Oakland A's game we were going to see that afternoon to "check in" early to get a good room. When we go there early we were told we could not check in early and they didn't give us a room assignment. So we wasted 35 minutes x 2 before the game. When we came back after the game they said that they gave us our request (high floor) and assigned us a room on the top floor. The kids were happy about that but when we got to our room it was clear that this was a smoking room. It reeked of smoke and it was directly over the BART track. I was just getting over a cold and after 10 minutes my sinuses were burning so I had to ask for a room change. The family was disappointed and upset. They were just ready to kick back and relax and didn't want to move rooms. Luckily they switched our room without issue and the new room was better and didn't smell of smoke. Finally we went down to the managers reception which is something my kids usually look forward to at Embassy suites but it failed to impress. Instead of fixing the kids sodas in real glasses they had cheap plastic cups with pitchers of watered down soda. The snacks were picked over and not replenished. We went out for dinner at a sushi restaurant nearby that was okay but when we got back to the room the blanket for the pull out sofa was really damp and we had to request another blanket. But the worst part of the stay was the breakfast the next morning. They were not prepared to serve the number of people staying at the hotel. It took 45 minutes of standing in lines to get breakfast. It was complete chaos. At one point the staff closed off the toast/cereal/fruit room to clean and restock for 10 minutes and allowed nobody to enter. It was not the fault of the staff who was working hard to keep up. There was just no way that they could handle the number of people who were going to eat breakfast that morning. I heard the staff telling people it was bad timing, that everyone came at once but they said that the lines were the same for two hours. It is not worth it. I would rather pay for the drinks the night before and breakfast the day of rather than deal with chaos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Walnut Creek hotel is ideally located in the beautiful East Bay of Northern California. We are convenient to Oakland, San Francisco and SFO airport and BART. Spread out in a two-room suite or upgrade to an Executive suite for extra space and amenities. Enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening drinks and snacks at the Manager's Reception. Host an event in our 7,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, or celebrate a special occasion in the eight-story tropical atrium. This hotel offers valet only parking for guests for $25/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Walnut Creek
- Walnut Creek Embassy Suites