“Stayed for three months - Fantastic Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dantheman94
“Stayed for three months - Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 30 March 2010

This is one of the best Embassy Suites I have ever stayed at. The breakfast was incredible and the complimentary evening mixed drinks, appetizers, and free access to Bally's Fitness Center gave me everything I needed.

Relax, have a drink, and work out the next day was my routine. They also have a great location next to BART which got me to downtown SF without hassles. The complimentary shuttle got me to downtown Walnut Creek whenever I had associates for dinner. Nice hotel....wish all of the hotels I stayed at were like the one in Walnut Creek

Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stoockton CA
Reviewed 11 March 2010

We have been going to the the Walnut Creek Embassy Suites for 16 years. My sister's family and mine learned how to swim in their pool. We lost my sister to breast cancer and when trying to figure out what to do to honor her life we chose Embassy Suites. 15 family and friends drove to Walnut Creek.
I made my reservation over the phone but to my surprise, they were not going to let me check in because I did not have a major credit card on which to put my room and a $300 security deposit on the room. They rudely told me that they do not accept debit cards and when I offered to go get the cash, the manager said " it's not about the money. We only want people with established credit from a bank to sit on our funiture and use our facilities." In other words we weren't good enough to stay at their hotel.
So there we were, standing in the lobby with our luggage and were asked to leave. My sister came to our rescue and put it on hers. But she barely made it because she had already put $424 on her card and was within dollars of her limit after having to put out $424 more for ours.
No one mentioned it to me or anyone else when the reservations were made. BEWARE!! You might end up where we would've been.....as the manager said, "You probably won't have this problem at Motel 6"
We've never stolen a towel, always tipped well, and our kids have grwon up there.....but we'll never go back
How sad

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank missingzona
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My boyfriend and I had dinner plans with some friends in Walnut Creek this past Friday, and we decided it might be a nice treat to just stay up there for the night. We got a great rate at the Embassy Suites, and I have always loved them for their large rooms and breakfast.

Well, apparently, this particular Embassy Suites has had some issues with parties in the hotel in the past, and they are determined to make you pay for it now! They required an exorbitant security deposit ($300 for one night!), and we had to sign off on a No Party Policy. I had only brought my debit card with me, and I asked the manager if there might be some leniency onthe security deposit, since I was hoping to not have $300 tied up for at least a week just because I decided to get a hotel room on a whim. The manager was rude, cold, and completely unwilling to work with me (I had even offered to go get cash to leave the deposit, but apparently, that wasn't allowed either!), and since I had purchased my room through a nonrefundable channel, I had no choice but to follow their rules.

To add insult to injury, the bed was one of the worst I've ever had the misfortune to lay on. It was completely sagging and terrible. My boyfriend opted to go sleep on the couch in the middle of the night. They also only offered valet parking for $16 a night.

Lesson learned... We'll just make the drive home next time!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank queenoftheu
Sonoma, CA
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Stayed here with my sister and daughter for a quick girls night. Chose it because my sister and I wanted to catch up and this allowed us to stay in and chat on a couch instead of sitting on beds or in a bar. I liked that they had a complimentary cocktail hour with food although we didn't go. Rooms aren't fancy but they are clean and confortable. Beds were fine. I asked for a room away from Bart and noise was not a problem. There are NO Premium TV channels or Pay Per View. That was a bummer especially for my 14 year old. We brought bathing suits for the pool and hot tub. Didn't venture in as it was COMPLETELY full of small children/families. It would have been nice if the hottub was reserved for adults, but to be honest I wouldn't have used it as there were too many small kids in the pool. (It was a three day weekend so perhaps lots of families were traveling.) Good for them-bad for me. Breakfast was very good. Surprisingly good actually. There was ready to go hot foods as well as an omelete bar and a small room full of fruit, juice, cereal, pasteries, etc.
It was nothing fancy, but it was clean and well worth the money.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank lovingsonoma
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 9 February 2010

My family and I stayed at the Walnut Creek Embassy Suites in February 2010. We loved this hotel. Service, from the front desk, valet, room service and hospitality was top notch. Employees were friendly and willing to help us with whatever we needed. We were very impressed with the level of service!

We booked an Executive King suite. It was huge! We have three children under 8 and there was plenty of room for kids playing, while the parents could relax. The bed was great and we asked for several additional pillows, they were brought to our room promptly. We requested a crib, next time I would bring my own pack n'play.

The pool was the perfect size and depth for beginner swimmers!

The location is not the greatest. There are no restaurants or stores within walking distance.

The hotel lobby is beautiful and serene!

The only things that we did not like about the hotel is that there is only valet parking (daily charge), no off street self-parking with in and out privledges. The BART also runs adjacent to the hotel, which adds a bit of noise to the rooms it runs by. However, we stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to the BART station and ease to downtown San Francisco. The BART ride into town is about 45 minutes, I wish I had known that before booking. These were not huge issues for us as the kids LOVED to watch and ride the BART. In the end, the location worked perfectly for us. On the days we wanted to visit the city, we jumped on the BART. On other days, we took our car to the Napa valley, Lake Tahoe and the south bay -- very convenient! We really have nothing bad to say about the hotel, we were VERY pleased with our stay!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Stayed for two nights - $145 corporate rate

The Good:
+ Closest hotel to Pleasant Hill BART station - less than five minute walk to the station
+ Typical comprehensive warm & cold breakfast buffet
+ Good manager's reception
+ Precor-based fitness center had sufficient modern equipment although another workout bench and cleaning towelettes would have been ideal
+ Free Internet access for HHonors members
+ Large spacious very clean room

The Bad:
+ Ventilation in the room was not good - the AC appeared to be turned off, and it was not possible to open a window even a bit to get some outside air
+ Constant sound of bathroom fan
+ Not a large selection of restaurants that are convenient from a walking perspective

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Illinois
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Big rooms. I found service to be great. I have stayed here 3 times and been on the back side of the hotel --> No BART noise. BART is very close. Breakfast is great. Pool is sub-optimal. Valet parking, but no free parking.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!