“Home away from home”

Motel 6 Walnut Creek
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We were remolding and had to move out of our home. We stayed at the Walnut Creek Motel 6 for three weeks in three different rooms. We were impressed that the rooms had new carpets and fresh paint. The rooms were always very clean and quiet considering it is near the freeway. The staff was incredibly welcoming and responsive to our needs. The fresh coffee every morning was appreciated. There is plenty of free parking. This is a very good value. We would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank David P
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Walnut Creek

Reviewed 13 October 2011

Great place to stay if you need to be in Walnut Creek or surrounding area, you can catch the BART from the airport to Walnut Creek, about a 15min walk to Motel. Debbie went out of her way to help us all she could, room had 2 double beds and large bathroom, very clean. Certainly recommend this motel for convenient location in Walnut Creek and great price

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank aussiegal53
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The location was convenient for my business, the price was great and my stay, for an entire week was great. While the room was a little cramped for a couple of meetings of 4 of us, for the price it was fine. The manager went out of her way to get the faxes I needed - the problem was on my company's end, so she contacted them, had them emailed to her account , and printed them out for me. The desk personnel also were friendly and helpful. I will stay there again for a week in Mid-Sept.

Room Tip: I made no special requests at all.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I stayed in this Motel 6 about seven years ago and it was clean, safe and had good front desk service so I returned July 2011. It has really gone down hill. I asked for a non smoking room. The room I was given stunk like cigarette smoke, had cigarette burns on the side of the bath tub. The room was filthy and smelly, nothing looked like it had been wiped down, such as the counters, etc. It was so dirty I slept in my clothes. The blankets and bed spread smelled dirty, like pee. The pillows were old. I had to run the water for at least five minutes to get it warm. There was a very limited amount of parking and shady people hanging out in the back parking lot. I will never go back to the place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rlotte
Reviewed 4 May 2009

The mattress were broken down & very old. Matress stuffing was falling ou on the floor, and the sheets wounl't stay on the bed! Thia is the Worse Motel six that I ever stayed at!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2009

I relocated to this area and needed a reasonably priced place to stay. This motel served that purpose. I stayed 8 days while I searched for an apartment. My time at this motel was comfortable. I wasn't looking for special perks such as continental breakfast, pool, etc. I just needed a comfortable bed and a hot shower. Motel 6 has that. If you are a light sleeper, you may want a room on the back end of the motel because it is located near the freeway. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. You also will get a better deal if you are a member of
a discount club such as wyndham rewards. My nightly stay was approximately $20 cheaper.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed 25 November 2007

This place was gross. There were hairs on the fitted sheet and unidentified substances on the blanket (don't want to know). The non-smoking room had an ash tray and reeked of smoke and dog pee. I kep my socks on b/c the carpet was disgusting and dirty. The tv had cigarette burns on it. There is no shampoo or conditioner, only soap. I left feeling dirty and threw away the socks I had worn in the room. There is a Marriott directly next door. Would have been worth staying there at any price. Would be better served as an hourly motel...

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mdcrim
Diablo Mountain Inn
#5 of 7 in Walnut Creek
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

Been to Motel 6 Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!