“Functional”

Motel 6 Walnut Creek
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Motel 6 has the minimal functional items one needs for a night in a hotel: a bed, a bathroom, some soap (you have to ask for shampoo). But it was clean and convenient. The front desk assistant was helpful and friendly at 1:00am. No one stays at Motel 6 for luxury.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dddiane34

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

My experience with this motel 6 has got to be the worst. The lady that worked there was beyond rude and made me feel belittle. Around 11:45 i heard a knock on the door and the lady told me it was due for checkout i asked her if she can give me to 12:00 because my ride was going to be late she said "ok". Well 12:05 came I had lots of luggage and my haven't came yet I asked for assistants no one came to help. I got a knock on the door this time yelling telling me to "GET OUT NOW!"She grab my bags and literally threw it outside the room and slam the door. I was beyond pissed at that point. After that experience i will never ever ever go back to this witch. If this how you treat people you will never stay in buisness.

• Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank missladyterri
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here 1 night in Mar. to attend rowing regatta at nearby San Pablo Reservoir (El Sobrante/Orinda). This was convenient location, and comfortable room with only limited noise from a siren or two. I liked that it was very close to "downtown" WC area, shopping, restaurants (I splurged at Il Fornaio) Starbucks, and within about 2 miles from a Safeway where I picked up some bakery items for the rowers. Anyway, the room has been recently renovated, has a nice flat screen television. The bed has a light blanket but the heating was fine and quiet so I didn't miss more "cushy" comforters that hotels generally have. The sink area/bathroom was nice, and there is an ice machine and vending machines for sodas & snacks near the main office. I'd made a reservation on their website, & they allowed me to check in slightly before the normal time. I would stay here again -reasonable rate with tax included (about $81). Note the pool is kept nicely and had a number of chaises and chairs although it's unheated.

Room Tip: 2nd floor had quiet H/AC and room facing Main Street has less freeway noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank socaltravelmom_fun
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Needing an inexpensive motel not far from Oakland, where we wanted to be the next morning, we chose this one because it was conveniently located near two freeways. It turned out to be relatively pricey for a Motel 6, very loud near the freeway, and not very clean (some tiny flea-like bugs hopping on the carpet...). The staff was fine in our very limited interaction, but we were glad to be out of there asap. No amenities we knew of.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Harold M
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I see that this is the first review in 2013. Well, allow me!

The rooms have been updated. Which means that the furniture is nice, bed is decent and bathroom (at least mine) was spotless clean.

Check-in was quick, and the guy was very courteous and nice. They charge $2.99 for a WiFi voucher (which I was okay paying), but he gave me the voucher for free. Not sure why, but he did say "thank you for your business" with a smile. Nice!

The location is not bad, just off the freeway. Beware that there might be some road noise, but it's not insufferable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank rottentomato
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I never expect much of a Motel 6, but it gives you what you need and this one has been recently remodeled. Kudos to the front desk staff, though, for being extra friendly and helpful. A phone call to the room just a couple of minutes after I entered to make sure things were OK was a really nice touch! Have spent nights in far more expensive places that didn't do that.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank sierradave1
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We were remolding and had to move out of our home. We stayed at the Walnut Creek Motel 6 for three weeks in three different rooms. We were impressed that the rooms had new carpets and fresh paint. The rooms were always very clean and quiet considering it is near the freeway. The staff was incredibly welcoming and responsive to our needs. The fresh coffee every morning was appreciated. There is plenty of free parking. This is a very good value. We would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank David P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut Creek
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Diablo Mountain Inn
Diablo Mountain Inn
#5 of 7 in Walnut Creek
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek
1 mi away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord

Been to Motel 6 Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!