“Best Motel 6 I have stayed at” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Walnut Creek

Motel 6 Walnut Creek
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Ann Arbor MI
“Best Motel 6 I have stayed at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

First, the staff were wonderful. At check-in we were told to ask for anything we might need from a hairdryer to safety pins, and at checkout a different woman asked us how our stay was and seemed genuinely interested in knowing. The rooms have clearly been renovated and looked very nice. The mattresses are on platforms, not box springs, but were plenty comfortable. We were given a choice of being against the freeway or on the other side, and we chose the freeway side and the noise didn't affect our sleep. This location is essentially at the end of the freeway ramp, less than a mile from the BART station. We asked if we could leave our car at the motel on the morning of our check-in so we could walk to the BART station and the staff was very accommodating about that. Lots of restaurants within a couple miles. Note: BART parking is free on weekends and you can get to downtown San Francisco or Oakland on the train in about 30 minutes from here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the "inside" (between the buildings) are quieter than ones against the freeway wa...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lisa L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was a pleasant surprise when we pretty late needed a room for a night, on a short roadtrip. Floorboards in the room, fresh and clean bed and updated furnitures. A bit pricey for Motel 6 in general but beyond expectations for cleanliness and freshness. Right next to the hwy as any motel, and a vague smell of smoke even though it's a non-smoking room, but good overall.

• Stayed July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked this room as it is pet friendly. The room was very clean with floorboards, however it was so small that our 2 retrievers and us barely fit in the room. Upon arrival some dodgy looking smoking youngsters were on the balconies and certain rooms in passing buy smelled like marijuana. As I walked to the car park another dodgy looking guy was staring at me and tried getting my attention by calling out and softly whistling. I did not feel comfortable or safe here. We have stayed at other motels with the same price where the rooms were much larger and more appropriate, I would definitely not return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Monique H
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Positives:
Clean pool
Friendly guy at the front desk
It wasn't as dirty as it could have been,
but our room it did smell slightly like sweat and stale cigarettes.

Negatives:
There were several people high ion drugs hanging on the balcony.
Not exactly a place where I want to have my children.
Do I need to say more??

For single travelers looking for a bargain, fine.
If you have young ones, skip it.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms still smelled a bit if you are sensitive.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank AmeliaRush

Travellers are raving about these Walnut Creek hotels

Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Motel 6 has the minimal functional items one needs for a night in a hotel: a bed, a bathroom, some soap (you have to ask for shampoo). But it was clean and convenient. The front desk assistant was helpful and friendly at 1:00am. No one stays at Motel 6 for luxury.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dddiane34
Concord, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

My experience with this motel 6 has got to be the worst. The lady that worked there was beyond rude and made me feel belittle. Around 11:45 i heard a knock on the door and the lady told me it was due for checkout i asked her if she can give me to 12:00 because my ride was going to be late she said "ok". Well 12:05 came I had lots of luggage and my haven't came yet I asked for assistants no one came to help. I got a knock on the door this time yelling telling me to "GET OUT NOW!"She grab my bags and literally threw it outside the room and slam the door. I was beyond pissed at that point. After that experience i will never ever ever go back to this witch. If this how you treat people you will never stay in buisness.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank missladyterri
Westchester (LA), CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here 1 night in Mar. to attend rowing regatta at nearby San Pablo Reservoir (El Sobrante/Orinda). This was convenient location, and comfortable room with only limited noise from a siren or two. I liked that it was very close to "downtown" WC area, shopping, restaurants (I splurged at Il Fornaio) Starbucks, and within about 2 miles from a Safeway where I picked up some bakery items for the rowers. Anyway, the room has been recently renovated, has a nice flat screen television. The bed has a light blanket but the heating was fine and quiet so I didn't miss more "cushy" comforters that hotels generally have. The sink area/bathroom was nice, and there is an ice machine and vending machines for sodas & snacks near the main office. I'd made a reservation on their website, & they allowed me to check in slightly before the normal time. I would stay here again -reasonable rate with tax included (about $81). Note the pool is kept nicely and had a number of chaises and chairs although it's unheated.

Room Tip: 2nd floor had quiet H/AC and room facing Main Street has less freeway noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Diablo Mountain Inn
Diablo Mountain Inn
#5 of 7 in Walnut Creek
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Motel 6 Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!