“Amazing 1st Anniversary Dinner that took us back to our Italian Honeymoon”

Benvenuti Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Benvenuti Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 293 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: To share our love and passion for Italian cooking, Benvenuti Ristorante (formerly know as Salvatore Ristorante) features exceptional traditional Italian cuisine in a warm and welcoming environment with local, sustainable, organic ingredients, an extensive list of Italian and Californian wines, a full bar and a robust cocktail program.
Walnut Creek, California
“Amazing 1st Anniversary Dinner that took us back to our Italian Honeymoon”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We just moved to the area and are celebrating our 1st Anniversary, we went to Rome and Sorrento for our honeymoon so wanted to have a nice relaxing Italian dinner to bring back those memories. We chose Salvatore Ristorante and are so glad that we did. We had made reservations and were immediately greeted by one of the owners (Angela) and sat at a nice table, we were served water, bread and a delicious brushetta sauce right after we were seated. Our waiter, Giuseppe, greeted us and took our drink order, they suggested an amazing bottle of wine which we were in love with after our first sip. We ordered a salad that we split and each ordered an entree, I ordered the gnocchi with the marinara cream sauce and my husband ordered the linguine with mussels, clams and shrimp in a white wine sauce. Both dishes were AMAZING! We ordered the Cannoli to take home for the next day and had the Tiramisu in house, both dishes were amazing. We topped off the night with a limoncello to set the evening off. By far the best Italian restaurant we have eaten at in the United States and the service and friendly atmosphere was the best. We will definitely take friends and family when they come visit us. Thank you for an amazing Dinner!

• Visited June 2013

Houston, Texas
“Delicious Italian food!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Salvatore's was our favorite Italian restaurant when we lived in Walnut Creek. It's a lovely family run place with friendly waitstaff. The food is excellent - my husband and I never tried anything that we didn't like. Our favorite appetizer was the mozzarella capricciosa and our favorite entrees were the spaghetti carbonara, spaghetti w/meatballs, tortellini papalina and linguini alla pescatora. Wine was reasonably priced or you can bring your own for a corkage fee. They even occasionally have wine tasting events with appetizers for a small fee that you can find out about by signing up for their email list. We will miss this place!

• Visited May 2013
Walnut Creek, California
“Fresh ingredients, great food”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Atmosphere is more comfortable than formal and prices are slightly high for pasta- but freshness of food is worth it. Enjoyed our dinner- brought our kids with us and they really liked food as well

Visited June 2012
San Francisco, California
“A very nice find”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

After living near and working in Walnut Creek for 20 plus years we finally dropped in to Salvatore's on Sunday night. We did not have reservations but there was one table left. We ordered a bottle of wine which was fairly priced. My husband, sister and i shared a caeser salad because my first test of a restaurant is can they produce a salad I would want to order again. We agreed....we would all order and enjoy that salad again. My husband had the house made fettuccine with shrimp. The pasta was al dente and very good. My sister has the sole and while she is very particular she deemed it excellent. I had the eggplant Parmesan and it was fresh, well seasoned with an excellent tomato sauce. We all loved Salvatore's and it will replace our former favorite Italian restaurant in Walnut Creek. The decor is not slick or modern but that is sometimes comforting. We are eager to return

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kathleeenw
SF Bay Area
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I've lived in Walnut Creek for over a decade, and only last night had my first opportunity to try this place. My husband and I decided to try it for our date night.

Because this was a last minute decision, when we arrived, the tables in the main dining area were full, but they offered us a seat at the tables next to the bar. In my opinion, this was a more intimate seating arrangement than had we been sitting at a regular table, as there were no other tables nor bar patrons in our vicinity, so we could really enjoy each other and not the other patrons.

Our food and drink were all fresh and tasted great. We each started out with one of their signature cocktails. My blood orange liquor, campari, with fresh lemon was sweet and delicious. My husband said his cucumber vodka, lime, & mint drink tasted fresh and light. We split a plate of their Pane All'Aglio (bruchetta) and one of their salads (InsalataD'Angela), and both tasted great. For our main courses, he ordered the sole (Sogliola), and I had their meat & eggplant pasta dish (Melenzana Ripiena); they were both so tasty we simply devoured them. We split a heavenly Tiramisu enjoyed with decaf macchiatos.

The staff were very friendly, helpful -- the bartender helped us pick glasses of wine to complement our meal choices - and treated us as if we were regulars, part of the family. It was definitely one of my more enjoyable meals.

In my opinion, this place is a hidden gem. It's off the beaten path of the trendy restaurants and bars in downtown Walnut Creek, across the street from the new downtown library. The clientele is there for the friendly service and good food, not for a hipster or pickup scene. My husband and I will definitely be going back there again and again and again.

• Visited October 2012