“Disappointing”

Add it.
Breads of India
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 14 August 2008

We've eaten at Breads of India in Berkeley many times, and think their food is great, so expected the same in Walnut Creek, but were very disappointed. They offer far fewer bread options than in Berkeley, and our naan was dull and tasteless. My Tandoori Shrimp was so overcooked and tough that I could barely chew it. However, my husband's lamb was very good, and attractively served.

My shrimp were served in a sizzling hot pan, which I touched accidentally, and burned my fingers. I immediately stuck my hand in my glass of water. The waiter noticed and came by to ask what happened. When I told him, he shrugged and walked away -- no offer to help.

Although we were the only customers for most of the time that we were there, service was very slow and our waiter inattentive. Other nearby restaurants were busy, but only two other people came to eat while we were there -- now I know why.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Service is awful but thefood is great.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 23 March 2008

Way too Americanized.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 1 February 2008

Delicious Indian food with beautiful presentation. My husband had the lamb and I had a cauliflower/potato curry dish. We shared the jalapeno naan and fennel naan with our friends. The meal was quite reasonable and extremely filling. Don't forget the Chai -- one of the best arround.

1  Thank jbsebastian
Reviewed 1 February 2008

Great Indian food. I would get the assorted meats.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook