Woolpack Inn
  • Breakfast included
Crouchers Hotel(Chichester)
The Goodwood Hotel(Chichester)
View Hotel
The Bear Inn(Bognor Regis)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfriendly greetingshower toiletvisiting familyset us up for the daygreat breakfastcarveryshoes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed one night in July 2011, wish I had read the reviews beforehand.
Arrived 1 hour after official booking-in time and room not ready
However,
Nice touch - rose on pillow, fresh flowers, 2 small bottles wine, 2 bottles water, chocs
Downhill from there
Booking in staff spoke in grunts
Picture the room - 1960's with original furniture
Small. hard 'double' bed, thin pillows
Mismatched towels - one dirty and obviously been used by previous occupant
Dirty shower curtain
No soap
Mould on tiles at bottom of shower
Shower curtain hanging loosely outside shower base
Stained carpet
Noisy room - next to outside door
Needed a magnifying glass to see TV
Could hear next room, shower, toilet
Wasn't told Friday night was carvery night either on 2 occasions I rang or at the time of booking in
Private party using half the pub

Room Tip: There isn't a 'best' room, they are all noisy.
Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chajdas
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Booked the hotel for a nights stay when we went up to Chichester to attend Glorious Good wood.

After reading the reviews we were not expecting much. The rooms were very expensive for what we got however we understand that they put their prices up when events happen around the area.

The rooms are basic with a small bed, small TV and a bathroom. The bathroom is a small cubicle with a shower, toilet and sink, all reasonable clean, however mismatched and scratchy towels let it down.

Breakfast was average with a buffet style english breakfast and small options of cereal and toast.

Overall overpriced and in need of TLC.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed 9 April 2011

.... you like: a room that smells of previous guests' smelly sweaty feet; the bedding unchanged from the previous guests; the mattress protectors stained; a shower room looking like it was from a 1950s army billet; 20 years' accumulated dirt in the shower room; staff that don't give a toss when you mention any of these points. Suggestion: give it a miss!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank powcloak
Reviewed 26 March 2011

This is good value for money, providing excellent breakfast buffet, and clean room. Unfortunately, my room was cleaned more effectively than I would have wished - an expensive pair of boots and matching sweater went missing. This made my stay extremely expensive.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank JOHNDERIS
Reviewed 12 December 2010

The couple running the establishment are the most impolite and unfriendly people it has been my misfortune to encounter in any walk of life let alone in hospitality. To put it bluntly they are just plain rude. My partner politely requested if we could have clean towels daily during our two night stay. She was sternly reminded that the towels would be replaced every other day. When in our room we found that the only source of heat, a wall mounted warm air blower was not working. When we reported this to our hosts we were left in no doubt what an inconvenience this was to them. We decided to have a drink in the pub while the heating situation was resolved. After some time we were assured there was nothing wrong with the heater. We returned to our room only to find it was still not working. Twenty minutes past and we enquired on the progress of the heating situation. We were told very curtly that there was now a replacement heater in the room. The hosts did not feel it necessary to inform us of this. The next day I left the annexe and entered the pub to inform them we needed toilet tissue in our room.With no further words exchanged I was handed an industrial size toilet roll, the kind used in the public toilets. I exited the pub and crossed the car park back to the annexe swiftly, hoping I would go unseen and could maintain a little dignity. I would use this establishment again only if I were running a construction company and needed accomadation for my workforce. It provides adequate accomadation for construction workers who are working away from home. The eastern European construction workers who were there during our stay were certainly made more welcome than we were, mud caked boots left in the annexe corridor at the hosts request no doubt.. No, I do not think we shall be revisiting The Woolpack .

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple