Woolpack Inn
Premier Inn Chichester Hotel(Chichester)(Great Value!)
US$111
PremierInn.com
US$178
US$161
Travelodge Chichester Central(Chichester)(Great Value!)
US$56
Travelodge
US$146
Travelocity
Crouchers Hotel(Chichester)
US$142
The Nags Head(Chichester)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$63
Travelocity
US$119
Agoda.com
All reviewsfriendly greetingshower toiletvisiting familyset us up for the daygreat breakfastcarveryshoes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the woolpack for easter weekend room was very basic and smelt of mould bed very uncomfortable due to a plastic mattress so wont stay there again the mirror for the dressing table was to high. And they could have put in a long mirror as there is plenty of room for one

Room Tip: All the same
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tilly1953
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Visited on a Wednesday evening, looks really nice from outside, however inside is a mess.
We were told the menu is off because it was there 'Steak Night' So we had no choice but to order steak or go hungry, there was not a single person in the pub eating, which should have given us a clue!
Meal took nearly an hour to arrive in which time we were 'Entertained' by the pub dog and owners children (A 5 year old and a 6 year old) who informed us that they live upstairs and it SMELLS really bad which is why they run around downstairs and behind the bar. Though they were very sweet, if I wanted children's company and inane conversation (Guess how old I am, how many pets do you think I have, How many hand stands do you think I can do) I would have stayed at home and spoken to my own children. We were eventually rescued by one of the bar staff -assuming she was the mother- who ordered them to go upstairs because it was bedtime (21.20) but they refused because of the smell! I think they wanted to be around the VERY loud drunk man who kept swearing and wasn't told to keep it down or mind his language.
Anyway, Dinner eventually arrived after two apologies from the lovely Charlotte (Very polite and friendly girl behind the bar and the best part of the evening!) and while there was plenty of it, it has to be the worst most chewy cheapest bit of steak they could find. I think at this point the wait must of been because they were defrosting it and then dragging around kitchen floor before serving it. The dog ate two bits though and I have to say it was probably the only thing that would have ate it.
Bottom line, will we go back? No. Would we recommend you go there? NO
Total people In pub, not including us, bar staff, children, 3. Looks like others didn't go back either!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank BrookyBee
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed at the Woolpack over night at the weekend and found it to be perfectly adequate for our needs. I had been nervous about what to expect when reading some reviews but I was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming.

The room was fairly basic but spacious and clean. TV, kettle, tea & coffee and hairdryer all present and correct. The bathroom, again, was basic with just the shower stall with curtain around it, but nice towels were provided as well as a floor mat.

The bed was comfortable, if a bit creaky, with nice pillows and a good duvet.

A couple of notes that have been mentioned previously - the walls are quite thin and the noise of closing doors travels throughout.
Breakfast on the Sunday didn't start until 9am, unfortunatley we had to leave at 8am and there was no sign of life from the pub to do a full check out.

So a couple of niggles but otherwise a nice stay. The hotel itself is well located, just off the A27 and close to central Chichester. Great for events at Goodwood on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

If the CIA had discovered the Woolpack Inn, they would have used that instead of water boarding.

Joking aside, I'm afraid that the dirty linen; dirty mattress; cheap air freshener odours; and a tediously careworn bar made this stay one I never wish to repeat. I tried to think of a way to improve this location, but barring demolition I can't think of anything.

I have never before been in a situation where I wanted to leave my current location and go back to my accommodation, yet going back was worse than the discomfort of staying.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VEE6
Reviewed 25 March 2014

With 3 friends, we spent just one night ..very good value. I have read some of the other reviews and wonder what they were expecting for the price! We found that the staff were VERY helpful even to the extent of guiding us there , via the phone, when we were lost! Ensuite rooms were clean & with all that you needed for a comfortable night. We had dinner in the bar area..again good value ( not cordon blleu but very eatable) and breakfast the next morning was comprehensive.
All in all ..very good value AND the bus to Chichester stops right outside! How good is that!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends