“Disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of FairBridge Inn Express

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
FairBridge Inn Express
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Watsonville
London, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

filthy decrepit substandard etc.... hotwire needs to blacklist this place. Wish I could of seen the place first. The dirty pics are of the room I stayed in 204 but someone else uploaded them. See they dont improve the place despite complaints

• Stayed September 2011
6 Thank anthonygelatka

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

We booked a one night stay at the Valley Inn through Hotwire. When we got into our room, the door didn't have a deadbolt. I went down to talk with the manager and he told me not to worry and that we will be safe. He offered no solution. Then there was the stained chairs and linens. The furniture had holes in the fabric and numerous stains. The bathroom was dirty and had a mold stain around the sink faucet. We've stayed in nicer 1 star motels.

We called Hotwire & explained out situation and they refunded our money and we left...we didn't stay there. The Valley Inn was a complete dump inside.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Mattolds1

Travellers are raving about these Watsonville hotels

Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

This room was beyond awful. All linens had dirt or stains on them. The mattresses were broken down, we both had sore backs in the morning, when we woke up in the morning we could not believe the filth...the box springs looked like they had been picked up off the road somewhere. The screen in the bathroom was so thick with dirt that we couldn't get any air through it. Things were stuck on the walls (don't want to know what they were). My feet literally stuck to the bathroom floor. I could go on and on... If I had seen this room in the daylight I never would have stayed there. We had to find a place near the car dealership because we were stranded, I would walk miles to avoid this one again. We never complained to them, but I wanted to warn others so I took time to write this...hope it helps.

Room Tip: Avoid this place completely!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank T S
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

During last 2 months, we stayed in Valley Inn for more than 3 nights with our family. Each time we got a different room. We found a place very family friendly, quiet and comfortable for us and for our kids.Rooms were clean with comfortable bed. All amenities were working fine.

Great value for money and very centrally located for trips to 17 miles drive and Santa Cruz.

We will definitely stay here often and surely recommend our friends to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SKKK93063
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed at Valley Inn, Watsonville for more than 4 weeks during my frequent visit to area. Nice safe, clean and economical place for business and family travellers.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MAC0591
New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We unfortunately did not get to pick the hotel exactly when we booked through Hotwire and were shocked by what we saw when we arrived. The carpet had more stains then we could count. The toilet seat had busted and had been taped back with clear tape. There was so much stuff stuck to the tile and wall, door, behind the door that we decided immediately to not use anything more there then necessary. We slept fully clothed on top of the sheets since that was probably the only thing in the room that had been cleaned in a while. The fridge had brown dried up stuff all over the inside. The door jam looked like it had been busted and just painted over. The heater did work though, so that was the only good thing. We brushed our teeth the next day with bottles of water from the grocery store and waited to shower until we reached our next destination. With that said we were still probably cleaner then if we had gotten in that tub or set foot on the bathroom tile.This rates much lower than the 2 it shows. We didn't expect the Hilton and I understand that it is older, but even my seven year old knows how to clean dirt and dust and hair up in the bathroom, and toilet seats aren't so expensive that you can't replace them. I am not sure how this place passes health code!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Matthew S
Sac
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

After reading reviews about the Valley Inn, I expected a nightmare when coming here - however, that wasn't the case. Everything was clean (to the eye), and I don't really have any horror stories to tell unlike the previous reviewers. I did find a toothpick under the chair foot rest after moving it, but other than that, there wasn't anything downright NASTY that I could complain about.

We wanted a cheap place to stay for 1 night that was close to Santa Cruz and Monterey and that's what we got. The inn is also close to a grocery store and plenty of food places, so that was nice. So I would say, don't be afraid to stay here, but don't expect anything lavish. I wouldn't stay here for more than a night though imo. If I'm going somewhere for more than a night, I'd want to stay at a nicer place, but that's just my personal preference.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kobashii
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watsonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville
Rio Sands Hotel
#2 of 6 in Aptos
BEST WESTERN Seacliff Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Capitola By-the-Sea Inn & Suites

Been to FairBridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!