Comfort Inn Watsonville
US$94
US$78
US$73
  • Pool
Best Western Rose Garden Inn(Watsonville)(Great Value!)
US$136
National 9 Motel(Watsonville)
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
El Rancho Motel(Watsonville)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleanstaff went out of their waywould definitely stay here againeasy accessmontereycerealmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I made a reservation for a business group at this hotel. The initial person I talked to was helpful but admitted she was new and seemed a bit overwhelmed with my reservation. Two days after I reserved the rooms, I needed to cancel due to a change in the schedule. I was directed to the manager and was told that I would be charged a $350 cancellation fee - it was 6 days before the check-in date. When I questioned the charge, the manager became rude and unfriendly and said that I was verbally told that I needed to cancel a week before to avoid any charges, though I admitted to not hearing that. We were able to agree on a $150 charge, but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone just because of their ridiculous policies and the treatment I received from the manager.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Tracee G
comfortinnwatsonvill, Webmaster at Comfort Inn Watsonville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m terribly sorry that your need to cancel a group reservation resulted in some confusion. We have made staffing changes to make sure we communicate our policies better in the future. I’m pleased we were able to reach a compromise. I hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you when you need a place to stay in the area again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had stayed at this hotel about 6 years ago and at that time it was okay so we decided to book with them again. We arrived for check in on 7/26 at 3:20 pm only to find out that an hour earlier they cancelled our reservation and gave the room to someone else! They had started running credit cards at 1 pm and ours was denied. I had booked in April, but in July our credit card company had to issue us a new card. Never even thought about this reservation. They tried calling, but had our home number (obviously a mistake on my part) and we were in transit at the time. At one time the girl behind the desk quietly asked the proprietor if she could give us the room in the back,but she put a paper up in front of her face and whispered "no". It was a prime weekend with three major events taking place and I feel they were looking to make additional money by being able to rent out the room as a last minute reservation. The rates when I made my reservation were already higher than normal. We tried calling other hotels in the area, but unless we were willing to pay $300 to $400 for the night there really wasn't anything. Will never stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Julie C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m sorry that your payment card was declined because it hadn’t been updated when you got a new card. The extraordinary circumstances of the busy weekend made it necessary for us to provide our limited number of rooms to those with valid reservations. I sincerely apologize for cancelling your reservation, and I hope you will reconsider and stay with us in the future since the error related to updating the credit card was not on our part.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The staff is great! Rooms very clean. Bed super comfortable and love the new pillows! Nice thick towels. Great amenities in the room. Had lighted make up mirror! Nice breakfast spread with lots to choose from. Close to good places to eat too

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Subhash P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Watsonville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

hanks for staying with us see you next time when you ar ih this area

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Can't expect much for a room with a king bed for less than $100. It was clean and showed
signs of updating. Took a minute to figure out the hot and cold water faucets were reversed.The adjacent room with two queen beds which my wife's relatives occupied, really needed improvement. The corridor was clean, but the lobby and elevator carpets could have used a vacuum cleaner. The hot breakfast was welcome, though adequate at best. Front desk was helpful in finding a decent restaurant. Because of the rate, worth a night's stay if you're not too
demanding.

Room Tip: Check out the reserved room first.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m pleased that you had an acceptable stay with us. Since then, we’ve made a number of changes to improve the quality of the hotel for all guests. I apologize for any ways we fell short of meeting your needs and recommend that you try us again. You’ll find an always-improving experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This place is absolutely trash. Burn spots in the carpets, sticky stuff all over the arms of the chairs. It took three rooms before we finally got one that the air conditioner worked. Two of the rooms the sink and the tub fixtures were backwards. Meaning the hot was on the right and the cold was on the left. The sink in the room we ended up with did not drain and when you opened up the faucet it was a little better than a drip. There were about 10 people staying in the hotel and they put us in a room that they admitted that they knew the air conditioner did not work. All of this and when we went to switch rooms the clerk at the front desk seemed bothered. Like we were wasting his time. No apologies no we're sorry nothing. This is the absolute worst choice hotels property we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in quite a few. Do yourself and your family a favor and stay somewhere else. This is no way to run a hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DNDSZ06

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. We’ve made significant improvements to the hotel since your stay and are working to further improve the hotel. If you try us again, you’ll find a better experience than ever before.