“Unexpected treasure”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Watsonville
Ladera Ranch, United States
“Unexpected treasure”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I didn't want to stay here after driving through the area, I was tired from being on the road for three days and we were at the end of a long day in Monterey. I asked if we could cancel our reservation which was silly because it was that night. The woman that was working the desk was really sweet and helpful and wasn't fazed by my crabbiness. She said since I was a best western member my room had been upgraded to a two bedroom sweet. Inside the room it was lovely, and the beds were a king and queen and the room was very clean. The floors were clean and the tile grout in both bathrooms was clean and it smelled good. The beds were very comfortable and I ended up loving the room. We went on a 6 day, 5 hotel trip up the coast and this was my favorite room. The breakfast was fun and easy to get in and out and of course it was free, who can complain about that? I'd stay here again. Our room key didn't work after breakfast, before we could check out so we had it re-programed, three times. It never did work and the staff was unable to use a master key of any type. The maintenance crew came up and crawled around on the ground putting what looked like a giant hanger under the door to manually open it from the inside handle. They didn't leave until we checked out the room to make sure no funny business had occurred and everything was fine. I'd still stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

RoseGardenInn, General Manager at Best Western Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Kelley S,

I am so happy you found our facility to be a "treasure". After a long trip like that I would be tired too but I am glad you were able to enjoy the perks of being a Best Western Member with your free upgrade. I do want to apologize for the door. After you checked out we did replace it and send that door lock to be repaired.

We do hope you will consider being our guest again on your next trip to the area.

Rachel C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
reno, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here because it was a pet friendly Inn. I discovered a hidden gem in Watsonville, CA Close to both Monterey and Santa Cruz. It was like the small boutique hotels I have stayed in San Francisco and Europe without the cost. I would definitely stay here again. Quiet, clean and with all the amenities that the higher priced hotels would have!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

RoseGardenInn, General Manager at Best Western Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Amber D,
I am glad you and your pet got to enjoy all amenities. We really appreciate your kind words and we hope to see you in the near future!

Happy Traveling,

California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here two nights with my one year daughter and my husband on a business/ family trip. During the day my husband had to work in Watsonville and I traveled to Santa Cruz and Monterey with my daughter. The hotel is clean and they offer friendly and fast service. However, the location seemed a bit sketchy. The rooms are a decent size, but they got very humid for some reason. As you walk past most of the rooms you can see the windows get very fogged up. May have something to do with the insulation. The people next door to us were very loud and we could hear them perfectly, as if they were in the room with us, so that was kind of a con. Overall, it was a pleasant stay centrally located between two great destinations!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
RoseGardenInn, General Manager at Best Western Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear GenC_Travel,
First off I would like to apologize for your noisy neighbors. Just to let you know we do have some one at the desk 24/7 to help you with any problem you may encounter on your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us and I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Lower Lake, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Nice rooms, helpful staff. Parking can be a challenge but good hotel with central location. There is a restaurant across the street that is open late and good food. Staff is very attentive. They have a nice breakfast available as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Daniel W,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our staff as well as all our amenities. The parking can be a little difficult but we do have a back parking lot as well. We do hope to see you on your next trip to Watsonville.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The room was big & spacious, beds were comfortable but the breakfast room was too small & crammed. The amenities were great. Check in/out was quick & easy. Neighborhood was not that great. Free parking & free internet was provided.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Arriving from Europe, I was looking for a place while I had no reservation and I came through this Best Western in Watsonville. In a few minutes I was given a quiet and nice room. It looks more like an American motel than a modern hotel. The breakfast was self-service. The overall was perfect for a business traveller.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RoseGardenInn, General Manager at Best Western Rose Garden Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Etienne B,

We are so pleased you found us on your trip! We definitely are a smaller and cozier hotel and we love to see good reviews as they are shared within the staff. We do hope that you make your way back to Watsonville and we wish you safe travels on your business trip.

Inverness, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This experience was better than my experiences in Petaluma or Rohnert Park Best Western Inns. The staff is proficient from front desk to housekeeping, rooms are clean and very comfortable. For a in town location pretty quiet overall.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Nickla W,
You definitely left a lasting impression and my staff cant wait for your return!
We hope to see you in the near future and we appreciate your kind words.

Rachel C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watsonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville
Rio Sands Hotel
Rio Sands Hotel
#2 of 6 in Aptos
Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn

Been to Best Western Rose Garden Inn? Share your experiences!