“Gov Shutdown!!”
Bedroom 1, reverse angle
Bedroom 2 with a double and twin bed
Full bathroom
Deck
Back deck with gas grill
Deck
View from back deck of the South Fork of the Merced River
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ClawMarks
Santa Barbara, California
“A cute and comfy cabin, but very few amenities for the price.”
Reviewed 5 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I struggled between 3 and 4 stars on this one but then remembered the grand total and had to go with a 3. The cabin is cute and comfortable but there were just 3 of us (perhaps it's meant for jam-packing?) and the total winter rate still came to over $320/night with all of the fees. Had we taken the dogs it would have been even more than that. Mind you, we live in an expensive town but we could have stayed in the nicest spa resort for that kind of money. We had never been to Yosemite and I don't regret going. As we have stayed in vacation rentals before I planned ahead and packed a couple grocery bags full of food from our house before going... As I unpacked I realized that their pantries and refrigerator are absolutely empty. I guess that could be expected...but I had to quickly run to the store to get something to cook with (butter/oil/spray, anything!)...and there were no condiments...ketchup, mustard, spices, etc. (There WAS some salt and pepper.) So, expect to pack like you're camping and have to take absolutely everything you will need or you will end up at the little store where a package of 99 cent hot dogs is $7. Also...pack paper towels and napkins because there aren't any of those either. Nor shampoo!
Again...not that I'm 100% surprised that the place is bare-bones but remember...we're paying fancy resort prices here.
The TV is old-style but they do have a lot of channels. There is Wi-Fi. The heater is in the living room so you have to sleep with the bedroom doors open or you get no heat.
There is a mandatory cleaning fee and a mandatory insurance fee when you book...and then they give you a tip envelope! I always tip housekeeping, but not when I'm paying them upfront and they don't do a single thing while you're there.
I'm sure that the management company has a lot to do with the set pricing. I think that if we ever went again I would look for a cabin that offered more for the price. SORRY OWNERS!! I feel badly leaving a 3-star because the cabin is sweet/cute and clean...but it just isn't worth a grand for 3 nights!!
Another complaint is that you can't check in until 4pm and check-out is 10am! I felt like we lost 1/2 a day in there somewhere. We had to rush to be out by 10 so no "relaxing morning"...

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great location with a nice view of the river.
Liked least: There are too few amenities for the price.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
10 Feb 2015
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you were not totally happy with your stay. We do not leave any kind of food, spices, etc in any of the cabins when they are vacant because it attracts unwanted pests. Our prices are comparable per night to other hotels around and in Yosemite. But with us, you get a complete house and not just a room. Again, we are sorry you were unhappy, but we do hope that you come back and stay with us again.
Chippenham UK
Reviewed 13 December 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Management Response
20 Oct 2014
Thank you for your time spent reviewing our property! We are excited to have you as our guest again and grateful for your lovely words and extended review!

Truly yours,

~The Redwoods In Yosemite~
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing