“Fine”
Review of Red Hill Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weaverville
Red Hill Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Weaverville
Danville, California
“Fine”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I was going from the Bay area to a wedding in Willow Creek and could not make the round-trip in a day. I wanted something fairly close and inexpensive and this fit the bill. It cost $36 and was perfectly adequate for my needs. The room was clean and the motel was well located for my needs. Very basic but that is all I needed--think Motel 6 in the woods. The location was lovely and there were deer in the parking lot when I got up to leave. Far better than camping, certainly not the Ritz.

Room Tip: All the same
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank uskuhlmans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Redwood City, CA
Reviewed 24 August 2009

If you're looking to visit Weaverville, this is a convenient location to downtown. The cabins give you a picnic table and chairs to enjoy outside. The bed and pillows are really uncomfortable. But the room has a small fridge, microwave, and TV, so for the money it was OK.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RalphandMark
Bay Area CA
Reviewed 4 November 2008

Only $58 a night with a full kitchen, car port and full cable television. Walking distance to historic downtown. Actually had deer roaming the property. Obviously, things are a little dated and this particular room had a slight "tilt" to the foundation, but I just consider that added character. We felt very at home here and will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank MrProspector
Eugene, OR
Reviewed 1 October 2007

The Red Hill Motel is what it is. If you expect the Hyatt or a hotel of that sort then you will be disappointed. The motel is nice for Weaverville and is very clean.

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
4 Thank MaciEugene
northern california
Reviewed 22 August 2007

My heart sunk when I entered our room - #9. The smell of old smoke (and I am a smoker) was overpowering and sickening. The floor sloped so badly everything in the room tilted, including us when we walked.. There was a used bar of soap sitting in a puddle of water in the soap holder in the shower. After seeing that I wasn't sure if the badly chipped and pitted shower floor was just old, or filthy, or both. It obviously hadn't been cleaned since the last guest had used it. The bedspread had a hole in it, which is no big deal really, but added to the impression of everything being really old and overly used. It truly was a dreary room, not funky charm. Why we didn't try to get our reservation money back and look for another place to stay I'll never know, I'm still kicking myself for not trying. It was a miserable night and a sad end to our last night of vacation. I actually slept in my clothes I was so grossed out by the room and its smell. Maybe the place would've been quiet had I not had to keep all the windows wide open for the fresh air (to make breathing possible) but the sound of trucks on the highway were loud all night. One especially loud truck woke me at 4:30 and I had to get OUT of the room and go for a walk - at 4:30 in the morning! The grounds are cute and nicely tended, though "rolling lawns" is a bit of exaggeration in my opinion. It is indeed within easy walking distance to downtown. Perhaps room #9 was the worst of the lot as some other reviews of this place are positive. I am not a particularly high maintenence person, I can appreciate old and rustic places, in fact am attracted to them which is why I chose the Red Hill Motel over other places based on its website, but room #9 was not "rustic", it was just cheap and smelly. As we drove out of town (we left Weaverville before anything was even open for breakfast except a donut shop because we wouldn't use the shower, didn't want to hang out in the room another minute, and I had already taken a very long walk) and passed the other motels we could've stayed at , again, I wondered why I didn't have the nerve to have tried to get our money back and stayed somewhere more enjoyable. Even if I'd had to forfeit the $50 room fee it would've been worth it. Live and learn I guess.

• Liked — convenience to town
  • Disliked — ithe smell, and the used soap in the shower
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Weaverville hotels

Boston, MA
Reviewed 13 June 2007

You won't find a jacuzzi, or even a pool. But it's clean as a whistle, and very, very reasonable. Nice and quiet, off the main road, with a chair on the porch to enjoy the evening or morning air. Easily the best deal in town.

Stayed June 2007
5 Thank mezzodiva54
SF Bay Area
Reviewed 9 August 2006

Whenever I visit the Trinity Alps, I have stayed here for about 18 years. In all that time the price remains the same. After a 4 hour hot drive, I look forward to kicking back in the 1950s metal lawn chairs and enjoy the pine scented fresh air and quiet natural setting. And all the charms of "downtown" Weaverville are seconds away. Good food, nice people, and interesting history. The individual cabins are clean, cozy, and quiet and the resident-owner is helpful. Most summer nights are cool enough to have the windows open and you hear crickets not traffic or air conditioners.

• Liked — cozy and quiet
  • Tips/Secrets — I like #7 (2 beds)
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
5 Thank BuzzingAlong
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
Indian Creek Lodge
#1 of 1 in Weaverville
49er Gold Country Inn
49er Gold Country Inn
#4 of 5 in Weaverville

Been to Red Hill Motel? Share your experiences!